Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-12, 10:29 AM   #1
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Controlling a DC inverter machine

As I have just been given a Daikin split system which has a DC compressor I started thinking about how to control it.

The threads I have read have all focussed on using controllers from various devices and adapting them. This involves 'junking' the existing control system and starting from scratch building a DC motor controller. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

I still don't know if the units I have actually function, that's still to test, but assuning they do I'm firstly going to try a different approach.

What would be wrong with gutting the internal unit and then using it in abox to control the external unit? The unit I have has 1 thermal sensor and the remote that signalls to the unit what to do. Why re-invent the wheel as far as the external unit is concerned?

So my plan is:
1. Get the unit working with the existing internal unit control board removed from the internal unit.
2. 'Crack' the control code - unless it is detailled in the service manual (that I'm hoping to get hold of). It signalls down 1 wire (certainly referenced to ground or neutral so I should be able to monitor it).
3. Build my own controller to manage the external unit.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Nigel

Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote