EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 02-04-09, 07:48 PM   #11
pottygirl
Lurking Renovator

I am very sorry it wasn't clear that I am a supplier of Caroma Dual flush toilets, I thought my name and the links made this clear. The ONLY reason I started to distribute Caroma toilets in Georgia is because I truly believe that these are the best High Efficiency toilets available in the US. Several water authorities in the US have started rebate programs for the purchase of WaterSense labeled HET's. No matter which model you pick, I would definitely choose a model that carries the Watersense label, as these have been tested for water saving and performance.
Best regards, Andrea Paulinelli

pottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 07:12 AM   #12
Daox
Administrator

Pottygirl, I like the information you provided. As such it will not be edited. But, this is not a site for free advertisement. Please refrain from advertising. Information is great though. Thanks.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-09, 01:59 PM   #13
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I stumbled across it by mistake, but it is VERY cheap and easy to convert a typical toilet to a "Manual-Timed Flush" toilet.

Your standard toilet has a flap that gets lifted when you press the handle. When it opens, it goes more than 90 degrees - past straight up, and stays open until all the water leaves the tank. Then it flops down to hold water in the tank until next time you flush.

On my toilet, the chain is shortened just a bit. That way, the flap goes back down as soon as you let go of the handle.

The downside is that you can't just flush the toilet and walk away. The upside is that you now have very good control over how much water goes down the drain.

Press and hold the handle down for 1 second for #1 boys, 2 seconds for #1 girls, and 4 seconds for #2.

It works great, and is a cheap and easy water mod.

-Ben

Gal-dern it. Maybe I need to make an INSTRUCTABLES about it now...

PS: I already have a brick in my tank to reduce total tank capacity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote