EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 05-14-13, 12:44 PM   #11
nibs
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Looks ugly, gotta get a rattle can of black graffitti and finish up the wiring before pics.
Tony.

nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 01:25 PM   #12
Daox
Administrator

Haha, thats the fun of it, seeing before and after pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-13, 08:24 PM   #13
nibs
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Oh boy, just got the darned thing up and running, and thought I would work on the electrics, because I was running the deck by clipping a jumper wire to the 24V pos terminal on the batt bank. Was mucking about with an led voltage indicator, and right in my face a battery went bang, blew the top off it, made quite a bang, my ears were ringing for a bit,took a hard smack on a finger, which will slow my bass playing for a bit. The hot tub was near, so it was easy to wash up. Probably my fault but the note here is be carefull, these high amp batteries have quite a bit of power in them.
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-13, 01:22 PM   #14
Daox
Administrator

Hah, yeah thats scarry. I've blown up a battery on my mower before too. Certainly teaches you to respect what you're working on in a hurry.

&
Old 06-05-13, 09:46 PM   #15
lfuechtm
Lurking Renovator

Default Newby

Great site. Glad to be aboard.

Bud
lfuechtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 10:04 PM   #16
Mobile Master Tech
Apprentice EcoRenovator

It's not just high powered batteries-when I was 20 I worked at the Sears auto center with 28 bays and 30ft ceilings. We would often have people bring in loose car batteries to test on our automated tester. A coworker hooked up a battery to test. Usually we wait by the machine, but he decided to pace-lucky for him! I was down at the far end of the shop when I heard a boom like a 12ga shotgun at close range. I whirled around to see my coworker diving for the deck and the entire upper half of the battery bouncing around in the rafters!

Always keep an eye on the battery water level. Most explosions happen because 1 cell has shorted, using excessive water and exposing the plates. Once you have a decent current draw, the short can ignite the hydrogen & oxygen inside. When the water level is low, there is plenty of room for explosive gases!

Craig
Old 07-15-13, 09:28 AM   #17
Daox
Administrator

Any updates? Where are the pictures?!?!

&