EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 10-19-10, 07:34 AM   #211
Daox
Administrator

This past weekend I put both the pulleys on the motor. I got a bolt to put in the end of the motor to hold everything on and got two thick washers to go on the end. I also continued running it in. I took it apart and the brushes still aren't fully seated, so I keep it running. Its been running since this weekend and is currently still running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 10-19-10 at 07:38 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-10, 05:34 PM   #212
Daox
Administrator

I got it mostly ready to go. I'm hoping to finish it all up tonight.

Here is the motor all asembled.

I took the time to weld up the slots I cut in the frame. I wasn't sure if they'd interfere with the new bolt pattern or not, but its just cleaner this way.

And I hit it with a coat of primer for now.

&
Old 10-22-10, 07:11 PM   #213
Daox
Administrator

Well, the install went very smoothly.

I made a template at work and printed it out to mark the holes.

Then I drilled them out and shot another quick coat of paint over it.

Then, I mounted it and got everything reconnected. It spun up great. It does sound quite a bit different from my other motor. I'm guessing mostly because it has 8 brushes instead of 4.

This motor is also a fair amount shorter than my other one. I'm contemplating moving one of the batteries up front back and putting it on top of it. I'm not a big fan of the super wide front end as it is now. One thing at a time though. I gotta mow the grass!

&
Old 10-24-10, 08:26 AM   #214
Daox
Administrator

Of course, its forecast to rain all weekend... figures eh?

&
Old 10-24-10, 08:55 AM   #215
Daox
Administrator

In the mean time, I did take a picture of the start up of the motor. I'll post the start up of the first motor too. Sorry about the rediculously bad quality. The video is mostly just to hear the sound difference.

New mars me708 motor:

Old Baldor motor:

&
Old 10-28-10, 06:16 AM   #216
Daox
Administrator

So, after the rain settled down it got super windy! I still haven't cut the grass hahaha.

&
Old 10-28-10, 08:15 AM   #217
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Pretty soon you'll have to shovel the grass.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 06:16 PM   #218
Daox
Administrator

Well, its been exactly two months since I cut the grass last, and tonight was the night. It wasn't ideal circumstances at all though, windy and 40F out, and of course the grass was very thick and now it has leaves on it on top of that! However, I LOVE the new motor!!! It cut through it all with ease. This motor is quieter than the 1st one, its rpms are a lot more constant which makes it easier to drive, the speed of the motor is matched very well to the drive and mowing deck so I'm not racing around the yard anymore. Overall its just much easier to use. I am VERY happy with it now. I can't see changing anything mechanically. Now its finally time to tidy up the wiring and make it look respectable.

&
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
Christ (04-07-11)
Old 11-01-10, 04:42 PM   #219
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Congrats, Tim.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-10, 06:15 AM   #220
Daox
Administrator

Thanks. Its great to have it finally working and working nice and smoothly. I can (no, no snow yet!) and can't wait to try the snow blower attachment this year. Very much looking forward to seeing how it works.

&

Tags
conversion, electric, lawn mower, tractor