EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-14, 10:24 AM   #21
Higgy
The Gardener

Very nice. My sister use to live in Comox Valley in Courtenay. And now my nephew (her son and family) just moved back there. I've been through there a couple of times, very beautiful area. You look like you have a nice sized yard.

That seaweed probably does wonders for the garden as long as you don't add too much. I usually get some of that seaweed powder from the local garden shops and mix it in water and water my plants with it every couple of weeks. The fresh stuff is probably way better.

Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-14, 11:48 PM   #22
samsponurlich
Lurking Renovator

Wow, I love your raised garden bed! I planted my vegetables in the ground this summer. I think I will start a raised garden bed next year. Thanks for the inspiration!
samsponurlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-14, 11:19 AM   #23
sunspot
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsponurlich View Post
Wow, I love your raised garden bed! I planted my vegetables in the ground this summer. I think I will start a raised garden bed next year. Thanks for the inspiration!
Glad to hear you're seeing something that might be useful in your situation. I've since covered the frame with plastic (roll up on both sides) and end gables with manual vents. I'm looking forward to the veggies now :-) Good luck with yours.
sunspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-16, 12:22 PM   #24
sunspot
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I started this thread back in 2012 to see if anyone had experience with dry laid concrete block raised beds three rows high withstanding backfill pressure. "benpope" replied that he'd worked in beds of that construction with no issues.

Fast forward to 2016. I've just added a fourth raised bed with no changes to the construction method after the first three have experienced no issues and look the same as the day they went in. I'm comfortable now adding my endorsement of the method to benpope's - at least in the climate/weather conditions we experience here on Vancouver Island, BC.

Happy growing!

sunspot is offline   Reply With Quote