EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-17, 10:06 AM   #11
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One More View Post
AC Hacker,

I have the Senville Aura 12k and the Gree Terra 24K, 9K, and 9K.

There is no comparison in the quality or operations of the two manufacturers. The Gree remotes are more logical, The "auto" mode on the Gree is nice holding temperature between 68 and 77. Aura tries to hold plus or minus 2 degrees and thus runs more and is noisier in any mode. Outdoors the condensers are similar in size but the Gree is slightly quieter.

I could detail it all day but the old adage "you get what you pay for" seems to be especially true when comparing these two manufacturers. Sometimes there is more to it than SEER and COP.

If money is available to step up to the Gree Crown, do it.
This is very useful information. Thanks for sharing. Having both units really gives your insight an advantage.
I have Gree a try when there were much more expensive units and well know units people were using.
It is funny to hear Gree as higher end unit.
That said we have been very pleased with the Gree Terra 9,000 I have three of them. I also have a LG 21,000 BTU 21 SEER Dual Zone it has also performed well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 04-25-17 at 05:43 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 05:19 PM   #12
Just One More
Helper EcoRenovator

Yes the Gree Terra 9K at 27 SEER is a wonderful unit for the bedrooms. I also have a 30K LG-LS307HV3. When it is blowing max capacity at 770 CFM it also is a little noisy but its ability to put out quite a bit of warm or cool air makes me overlook that in the 1200 sq-ft downstairs which has 23 foot vaulted ceilings.

The downside is that LG just changed their mobile phone software for the wifi module rendering phone control inoperative for an indeterminate period of time.

Just One More is offline   Reply With Quote