EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lighting
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-18, 07:59 AM   #1
phreich
Avid DIY GSHP novitiate

Default Interesting 1-to-3 bulb socket adapter I found

Hi,

I was searching for something else on Ebay, and came across this unique 1 to 3 bulb socket adapter.

I have ordered 6 of them and will be using them to replace a number of "circline" bulbs with covers that are currently screwed into various ceramic lighting sockets in my attics and basement.

The fact that they have a bracket with a standard lighting pipe thread on them will allow me to attach the existing covers to these, and the fact that the 3 sockets are pointed at a 90 degree angle to the screw-in base means that they will "hug" the ceramic socket -- they shouldn't be extend any lower than the existing circline bulb ballast holder and covers do.

The fact that I can put in 3 dollar tree LED 50 watt equivalent bulbs in them means they will put out more light than the circline bulbs do, and will only use 24 watts (8 watts each LED bulb) to do it.

I have only found these on Ebay from China. They also have a set of screw terminals that allow power to be tapped from them, but I don't plan to use that feature. I wonder what the originally intended purpose of these was. I don't know, but they certainly will be handy for my purpose.

UPDATE
These 1 to 3 socket converters arrived. It turns out what i thought was a power tap on them was instead how the manufacturer connected the male screw-in connector to the threeway portion of the adapter. So it is already being used, and is unavailable for other uses.

Here's a link to the item on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-Plug-Ad...e/183260155546

In case the link no longer works, the title of the item was "E27 Plug Adapter Contact Connector Three E27 Sockets Base Bulb Holder Durable"

I've attached some pics below too. I also attached a picture of the kind of circline screw-in ballast and holder that I am replacing. Mine have a clip-on shade that I hope to re-use with these adapters.

Philip

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg
Views:	667
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	8304   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (3).jpg
Views:	636
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	8305   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views:	661
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	8306   Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (5).jpg
Views:	628
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	8307  

Last edited by phreich; 07-05-18 at 10:21 PM..
phreich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 to 3 bulb adapter, bulb socket splitter