EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-19, 03:39 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Battery Hookup - used Li batteries very affordable

I've come across this website through my surfing the net and own personal interests. I did sign up to make us (ecorenovator) an affiliate, but I am very interested in picking up some of their batteries to try them out.

Battery Hookup is a place that buys used batteries, capacity tests them, and then resells them for a fraction of the retail cost. I have not personally ordered from them yet, but I really am considering getting some to convert my battery riding lawn mower to lithium for not too much more than the price of lead acid batteries!

They don't have a gigantic selection. But, it seems like they are constantly getting new stuff, so check back in often if you're looking for something more specific.

Have any of you guys used them before? I'm finding myself thinking about what I could use their batteries for just because they are so stinking reasonably priced. Their 8Ah pouch cells they currently have sound like they'd be an awesome replacement for my 2000 Honda Insight's weak battery pack. The price for the cells would only be $180! Nowhere close to what a replacement pack costs, and it upgrades to lithium. Crazy stuff possible and I really hope to see some cool projects come from this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 10-07-19 at 05:13 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 05:12 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

I also posted this on EcoModder. Someone mentioned that larger cells are easier to work with. So, I posted what I found as far as making smaller cells such as teh 18650 into larger packs.

There seems to be more resources out there now to assemble 18650 cells into larger packs without fancy tools / welders.

These are the two that seem nice IMO.

Vruzend makes these interlocking pieces that can be assembled into whatever size and shape battery you want.

https://vruzend.com/

This guy sells these circuit boards that just pop in 18650 cells like most AA battery holders.

https://kit.com/jehu

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
Piwoslaw (10-12-19)
Old 12-22-19, 10:19 PM   #3
ThomSjay
Helper EcoRenovator

I've watched of vids on this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jehugarcia , and he has made numerous references to Battery Hookup as a good place to get various types of batteries.