EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-12, 07:34 AM   #11
Daox
Administrator

I really like mine and do think its worth the $200. It is really nice for measuring loads that I can't get to with the kill a watt. Things like ceiling fan use, heating system, electric ovens, etc. The bulk of where it has helped me save real money is reducing my base load. I think I started somewhere around 130W and now I'm down to 80W. That is a 1.2kWh a day savings. For me, that comes out to a $52 a year savings. Anytime I can just jump on the computer and instantly see how much kWh I've used so far today and look back at my history to see how I'm doing. For anyone serious about reducing their electricity usage IMO its a must. The kill a watt will get you a good ways, but you need a way of measuring whole house usage to know the entire picture of what is going on. It has also saved me from huge electric bills on occasion too. A couple times my dehumidifier just froze up and kept running. Looking at the TED info easily tells me something is wrong when I used 25 kWh a day and my norm is in the mid teens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 06:06 PM   #12
NeilBlanchard
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I want a TED, too!

http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/...d-stravaganza/

Tom Murphy has his house down to 41wh of phantom loads -- and he wants less! His washing machine is 6w. Don't forget your doorbell transformer...

Last edited by NeilBlanchard; 07-17-12 at 06:09 PM..
NeilBlanchard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
energy monitor, ted