EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-10, 01:20 PM   #31
Daox
Administrator

Added tank oil to the list.

I'm really not sure about splitting up ASHP into sub-categories. We will have to add a text field to specify our ecorenovation and modifications. For instance my attic heat blower thingy won't even have a category, but I'll have it listed in my ecorenovations list with a link to the thread for more info. These categories are mainly just for users who want to search through the house database and look at all houses using gas forced air or something like that. If you guys think I'm wrong please feel free to say so. I just see this as a more general categorization.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 09:36 PM   #32
SVOboy
Administrator

Updated inputs for the home field. Just testing it out. Feel free to add your real data to it, when I go through and delete the test junk, I'll leave real looking things there. When I get the editing functions up, they'll be editable.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 09:52 PM   #33
SVOboy
Administrator

Also, looking for idea on what you guys want on the home page? Currently have it set up to show recent entries for energy use, but really anything could be there. So lemme know what you wanna see there.

Anyway, as I said, feel free to enter your home information now. I'm gonna get some sightseeing done in korea now, but when I get back tonight (your morning time), I'll be focusing on adding a personal home/record display as well as editing functions.

Old 11-18-10, 06:38 AM   #34
Daox
Administrator

I had Ben update the heating system list. It didn't have any LPG items on the list, so I combined them with natural gas.

heating systems:
gas forced air
wood stove
air source heat pump
electric
oil boiler
gas boiler
ground source heat pump
solar hot water
solar hot air

Thoughts on this?

&
Old 11-18-10, 06:42 AM   #35
Daox
Administrator

I think another good idea is linking the home heating/cooling/water heating systems to the energy entry form. IE if you have gas forced air and a gas water heater, you only see an input for gas and electricity on the energy input form, not wood, wood pellets, etc.

&
Old 11-18-10, 09:06 AM   #36
SVOboy
Administrator

Individual pages online!
Old 11-18-10, 09:09 AM   #37
Daox
Administrator

Great to see the progress being made.

I'd like to see the fields that have "none" hidden from view unless editing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	energytracker.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1065  

&
Old 11-18-10, 09:10 AM   #38
Daox
Administrator

I'm guessing you haven't done it yet, but you'll add the entries for each house to the individual pages.

&
Old 11-18-10, 01:02 PM   #39
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Two questions:
  1. What temperatures do we use for HDD and CDD? I'm using Heating & Cooling Degree Days - Free Worldwide Data Calculation and there is an option for temperature. I take it that the temperature we'll be using will be in °F?
  2. If my house doesn't have a cooling system, then do I need to fill out CDD?
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 01:14 PM   #40
Daox
Administrator

1) I'd say we should stick to 65F/18.5C. It seems to be the standard as far as I've read. I'd like to allow you to input it in either F or C. Ben will need to make provisions for this as well as for the rest of the units and their different measurements.

2) You don't have to log CDD, but you might like to just to log it. I log it because I use fans to cool the house at night and more heat = more fan use and more electric use.

BTW, thanks everyone for the feedback! The more feedback we get the better we can make the energy tracker.

&

Last edited by Daox; 11-18-10 at 01:16 PM..