EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-10, 11:32 AM   #11
WD-40
Lurking Renovator

Perfect then ..
Nothing to look at here folks just a perfect product for a perfect couple.
I'll just be on way then ..

WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 01:02 PM   #12
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Running air threw a HEPA filter will get allergens out for the most part, it should even cut down on house hold dust over all because the dusty air will be cleaned by the filter, altho farts might still linger but the moving air should help dilute them.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 08:46 PM   #13
Patrick
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I just might have to trade in my ceiling fan . . .
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 09:44 AM   #14
trikkonceptz
Helper EcoRenovator

OK then, I have used the device for two days now and here is my report;

First;

-It was a challenge to get it installed around my bedding system because of the footboard. However with a little muscle and help from the wifey installation was quick and easy.

-Now our springboard and mattress are tall, very tall which posed an interesting challenge for the fan, because the end of the fan sits about 6" below the edge of the mattress, however it is well within the range of the bracket that supports the bedsheet in order to promote circulation.

-First change; We stopped using our heavy comforter, which when thinking back, should have been our first change regardless. Now we use a high thread count cotton sheet, jerzee like, very soft and light. This sheet does a great job of trapping and moving the air under the sheets.

-First night, we set the a/c @ 78 degrees instead of our regular 74. I slept great the wife complained about cold feet and ended up using an additional blanket.

-Second night, I moved the bedfan closer to my side of the bed and kept the a/c @ 78 degrees, very comfortable bordering on chilly.

So tonight I will try and set the a/c to 79 and see what happens, I forsee us moving the needle to 80 degree and keeping the ceiling fan and the bedfan on instead. Not bad, being able to keep your house @ 80 instead of 74 and still getting the same if not more comfortable sleep.

Having yourself cooled from under the sheets takes some getting use to, but feels great IMO. As far as noise, the unit is about as noisy as a ceiling fan, you do not notice it unless you listen for it and the adjustment nob included with the unit works like a charm. I do have a ceiling fan, so the noise is not new to me.

I am now looking at ways to add this device to my daughter's bunk bed as she too tends to throw off her sheets due to heat in the night.

So far its a good sign, the electric bill will tell the final tale.
trikkonceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 10:37 AM   #15
Daox
Administrator

Could you stick the kill a watt on the fan to see what it pulls?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-10, 10:41 AM   #16
trikkonceptz
Helper EcoRenovator

I'll do that tonight when I get home ...
Old 09-09-10, 11:40 AM   #17
trikkonceptz
Helper EcoRenovator

Sorry for the delayed responce, but that same day my modem died at home and I have not had a chance to go out and replace it.

However to answer the question ... the Bed fan has an operating range of 2W to 9W depending on fan speed. I use it at max, so 9W it is for 8 hours a night, not bad considering that I keep the a/c at 79 now instead of 74.

Now it looks like I need a much more accurate thermostat, because @ 79 the house stays tolerable, but at 80 the house seems hell hot. Odd for just a 1 degree difference..
Old 09-09-10, 12:14 PM   #18
Daox
Administrator

Wow, thats virtually nothing.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-10, 12:33 PM   #19
trikkonceptz
Helper EcoRenovator

Agreed, 72W vs up to 8 cycles of the a/c to cool the house down is a dramatic difference, I'll know more next month when I see my power bill.
Old 09-09-10, 12:39 PM   #20
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

At least if you do fart before going to sleep, the fan system should purge the smell from the area quicker than just stagnant air.

Well, if you fan the sheets enough, that will purge the smell too.

gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote