EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-18, 10:44 PM   #51
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

This is a beautiful truck, I'd love to have one. I understand their starting around $70K. Packed with all the goodies!!! Huge battery pack.

And GM announcing 5 plants closing and ceasing production on the Chevy Volt and several other vehicles. Still owing $11 billion on bailout money. I have heard news that Ford maybe making similar announcements.

I don't believe the big three have the capability to make the necessary changes.

Randen

randen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-18, 12:59 PM   #52
oil pan 4
Land owner

The big 3 always do this when oil prices are relatively cheap.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 11:24 PM   #53
u3b3rg33k
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
I can only hope it's not vaporware. some proper competition for Tesla would be great, and it doesn't look like it's going to come from the big 3.
u3b3rg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-19, 06:47 PM   #54
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Automakers spending billions

Its been 1 year and 3 months since pinball looking tabled this thread. My take on this is, don't hold your breath the traditional manufactures.

Wallstreet is still quite hard on Tesla and I'm at a loss as to why. They are, producing the cars. The financial guys were all upon arms " were is the $35,000.00 Model 3"??

Well the model 3 $35,000.00 car is here now. Tesla is building these in volume now as Elon had promised. But then the Wallstreet players were pointing at Tesla for having to tighten their belt by closing some of their storefronts.??? GM Closed 6 plants and the stock price went up.????

Tesla has listened to the customer and re-thought the action to close storefronts

Has everyone seen the introduction of the Model Y.?? The sport utility vehicle is one of the best sellers in North America. Now Tesla is bringing this game changing, affordable cross-over to the market and wall street is indifferent.??

This Crossover The Model Y is going to be awesome!!! at These prices??!!! Wow

I couldn't resist, I Called Audi dealer. Again I was dumb-founded. couldn't tell me anything about the Audi E-Tron.

When could I get one, How much or anything technical. WOW

Randen
Old 03-19-19, 07:41 PM   #55
ME_Andy
Helper EcoRenovator

I'm with you. The Elon twitter drama is having more of an effect on the stock price than the forward progress they are making.

There are lots of other manufacturers coming out with EVs but they are not making many. Why not? Probably because they lose money on every unit.
ME_Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-19, 11:04 AM   #56
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It is still happening
https://www.myev.com/research/intere...-for-2019-2020

I am not sure Tesla has figured out how to repair and do warranty work yet.
I like there products but not so sure about getting one repaired yet.

I am still sad about the Volt being killed off. I really thought they would make a Malibu Volt.
It would make a great volt. They already offer Malibu with volt under pinning’s just not a plug-in version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 08-12-19 at 10:59 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 01:05 PM   #57
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Not much progress yet for the big three. Although Ford did demonstrate an electric F150 It was impressive however just more vapourware.

GM interestingly enough cancelled the Chevy Volt. I thought this was one of their best sellers.?? The bolt seems to be selling although not very impressive.

Chrysler ????

Jag I pace can now be had although they have a lot in-stock. I've heard six months worth.

Tesla Model 3 is selling like hot-cakes

And the Model Y is available for. pre order and deliveries expected for late 2020.

We should hear about the truck any day now.

and VW ??? the ID Buzz, I seen a commercial.

Randen
Old 08-11-19, 10:16 AM   #58
ME_Andy
Helper EcoRenovator

It's just a matter of time until the "Big 3" become the "Legacy 3" or something like that, imo.

I'm guessing the guts of that Ford e-truck are actually Rivian, seeing as how Ford bought a $500M stake in Rivian not long ago.

What's impressive about Tesla is their tax credit is almost gone but they are still out-selling manufacturers with a full $7k tax credit.
ME_Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 10:06 PM   #59
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Well guys, I hate to kill your skepticism, but Ford, rivian, and Tesla are going to be having a 3 way tug of war on battery electric trucks. The corporation I work for just got budget approval for a couple of new assembly lines in Kentucky. Ford and rivian are going all in on this venture. We will be building the front frame modules for rivian and the exoskeleton midsection that houses the battery array. We will be building the whole f150 battery electric vehicle frames in the same building. My guess is that Ford will be assembling the battery f150s in Louisville next to the other high performance and super duty trucks. They're shooting for a 2021 model year launch, after the pre-production vehicles get put through the proving grounds and everything gets 5 stars on the dukes of Hazzard, offset airborne, demolition derby crash testing process. Yeee haw!
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
ME_Andy (08-15-19), pinballlooking (08-12-19)
Old 08-12-19, 11:04 PM   #60
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
GM interestingly enough cancelled the Chevy Volt. I thought this was one of their best sellers.?? The bolt seems to be selling although not very impressive.
Randen
Chevy is loosing their tax credit for their EV's they have sold over 200K EV's
They did not think people would keep buying the Volt after that.
probably true $7,500 tax credit is very bug plus.
Honda was late to the game and will have their tax credit for a long time.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote