EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Renovations & New Construction
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-11, 01:34 AM   #11
guerciofernando

windows and door are most essential part of house. So when you build a home you have to choose the correct windows for decoration your home.

Old 09-11-11, 11:20 PM   #12
ThomSjay
Helper EcoRenovator

I got Farley double-hung windows at Home Hardware and had them install them. The installer was meticulous, and gave me all sorts of advice on how to insulate and seal. AT Home Hardware I talked to a counter guy who said that while the installer was somewhat slow, he was very thorough.
The double-hung windows allow in-room circulation through bottom and top, hot air escape out the top only , or a box fan in the lower portion to draw air out of the house (upstairs).
I was looking for a performance/dollar value and settled on Farley (partly because I had an account at Home Hardware for my renovation/insulate/seal projects).
Old 10-05-11, 03:11 PM   #13
TileDude

Usually the newer the window the better. I agree most home builders use the cheapest materials because they are in it to make money. Making upgrades to a newer home is no longer a uncommon occurrence. Be sure to check and see if there are any government subsidies for green renovations and most contractors can help with this information. Also have you ever consulted a Boston handyman for something like this?

Last edited by TileDude; 11-14-11 at 01:17 PM..