EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 06-04-10, 04:19 AM   #1
osolemio
Hong Kong

Default Limestone treatment by inducing sound waves

Besides using a conventional water softener to actually remove the unwanted deposits like calcium, are there any of these devices that claim to alter the water, which are actually proven to work?

I saw some device which sends sound waves into the pipe, and this should apparently break up the "chain of calcium crystals" into smaller units. It will not be removed from the water, but it should not deposit on pipes and water heaters, and it should be easy to clean from surfaces.

Pretty much the same claim made by magnetic versions of these devices - except the magnetic devices for some odd reason only works in some installations (insufficient amounts or lack of iron in the water some places, maybe?)

I have spent so many hours reading about this, and "testimonials" are not scientific enough for me to make a decision whether to buy or not.

I realize this is not genuinely associated with ecorenovation, but it is an important way to save detergents and limescale removing chemicals ... that is, if it WORKS!

Old 06-04-10, 05:30 AM   #2
Solar Mike
Helper EcoRenovator

Any of these devices purporting to soften water by Magnets, Electronic pulses, Radio Frequency injection are complete quackery, with no science to back their claims, we have people here in NZ trying to market this crap, I don't know how they continue to get away with it.
You can also add to the list Fuel economizers using clamp on magnets, hydrogen generators using cars battery power to increase fuel mileage (breaks the Laws of thermodynamics)

Im sure you can think of other items.

Cheers
Mike
Solar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 03:38 AM   #3
osolemio
Hong Kong

Some say it works, some say it doesn't. But who tested it? I tried mythbusters but so far no reaction. Testimonials and expert opinions are great, but in this case, a real proper test is needed.