EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-13, 10:22 PM   #31
where2
DIY Geek

Nice bills guys. My bill is still in the $40-$50 per month range including a $7.24 per month "customer charge". Unfortunately, the size of my second floor south facing roof limited me to a mere 20 panels (4.4kW). It is better than nothing though...

As for the wind, I hope to never test my system with the 3-second gust of 170mph that my structural engineer's math indicates my system should survive. There are 204 5/16"x3" lag bolts attaching 102 creotecc tile hooks to my roof trusses. Every panel has 3 rails under it to survive the crazy wind loads we have to engineer to in South Florida.

where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 10:18 AM   #32
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
Nice bills guys. My bill is still in the $40-$50 per month range including a $7.24 per month "customer charge". Unfortunately, the size of my second floor south facing roof limited me to a mere 20 panels (4.4kW). It is better than nothing though...

As for the wind, I hope to never test my system with the 3-second gust of 170mph that my structural engineer's math indicates my system should survive. There are 204 5/16"x3" lag bolts attaching 102 creotecc tile hooks to my roof trusses. Every panel has 3 rails under it to survive the crazy wind loads we have to engineer to in South Florida.
Wow! I doubt my poles could survive that here! My roof panels have two rails, our wind load is 90mph though.
Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote