EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-17, 10:32 AM   #11
gtojohn
Journeyman EcoRenovator

This is what I measured yesterday 4pm 99f outdoor ambient. With fluke probe, indoor return air ceiling grill at 78.8f, supply air grill 63.0f. Indoor humidity is 49%.
Outside, liquid pressure at 150f (pressure temp 82f) liquid line temp 78.2f. So 4f subcool. Suction line Pressure at 67psig pt of 40f. Line temperature 49.8f so superheat of 9.8f. Discharge air out of the condenser fan was 106f. I looked around the condenser for big temperature drops indicating a restriction but couldn't find any. When it cools of in the fall/winter I might change the filter drier in case there is an obstruction there. Now that I'm typing this I realize I forgot to check amps.

All I know is my house is as cool as before and the power usage has gone down. If it all keeps working I'm not replacing it b/c it is using less power than the typical 16 seer I'd replace it with.