EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-11, 11:16 PM   #1
SKIN
Lurking Renovator

Default Climate controlled windows?

Anyone seen this video?

I think it would be a good idea to have it monitor inside and out side temperatures and also check weather, then open and close the windows automatically depending on your set comfort zone.

Anyone have anything like this planned or already in operation? This specific setup wouldn't really work with my windows unfortunately but I am looking into modifying it so that it would work.

SKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-11, 08:10 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

It could be modified pretty easily to do other things. You could pretty easily combine it with my differential temperature controller to do what you'd like to do.

I've wanted to do something similar too. I have 13 windows in my sunroom. That means 13 blinds to deal with. I close them and open them almost every day in winter. Its kind of a pain with furniture and other things in the way. I'd like to put a photoresistor or two out and have that automatically control the opening and closing of the blinds. However, I'd need 13 actuators to control the blinds and that would just be a big ol pain to make so I haven't done anything yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 08:54 PM   #3
blonde76
Lurking Renovator

Anyone have already seen this device on the market? I would love to buy one. Looks like it helps alot in controlling the temperature of the room
blonde76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 09:24 PM   #4
GaryGary
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
It could be modified pretty easily to do other things. You could pretty easily combine it with my differential temperature controller to do what you'd like to do.

I've wanted to do something similar too. I have 13 windows in my sunroom. That means 13 blinds to deal with. I close them and open them almost every day in winter. Its kind of a pain with furniture and other things in the way. I'd like to put a photoresistor or two out and have that automatically control the opening and closing of the blinds. However, I'd need 13 actuators to control the blinds and that would just be a big ol pain to make so I haven't done anything yet.

Somfy makes some nice shade actuators for pull up shades. We have one of them for a window we have that is hard to get to -- it does a nice job. They also make a light actuated one. But, all kind of pricey.
There are some China imports on ebay that are a good deal cheaper.

Gary
GaryGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 04:23 PM   #5
Dana Lynn
Lurking Renovator

Check the DIYCHATROOM. Some postings indicate a number of products owner is very satisfied with to date.

Dana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automation, climate control, windows