EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 12-25-08, 03:26 PM   #1
SVOboy
Administrator

Default Best/cheapest rechargeables?

I need to buy some batteries for a camera flash I just got (tehehe). It's the nikon sb-600, takes 4 AAs. Obviously I'd like some rechargeables but don't want to spend a ton. However, lifetime matters since it's a flash and I'd like to get a pack with 8 so I can carry spares.

Suggestions?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-09, 11:36 PM   #2
roflwaffle
Apprentice EcoRenovator

The new low discharge NiMHs (Eneloop, CycleEnergy, etc...) are kinda expensive at ~$1+/battery on sale but they supposedly only drop to ~75% soc after a year, which is great, and they'll also supposedly do 1000 cycles, so that's what, a bit more than a tenth of a cent per charge w/ little to no self discharge? Freakin' great. I got an order of 'em pending, so I'll post more when I get those.
roflwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 08:26 AM   #3
Higgy
The Gardener

Last time I checked, the Energizer rechargeables were ranked #1, but it's been a while. And the review was for camera battery life for rechargeable AA's. Not sure how expensive they are though.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 07:15 PM   #4
SVOboy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
The new low discharge NiMHs (Eneloop, CycleEnergy, etc...) are kinda expensive at ~$1+/battery on sale but they supposedly only drop to ~75% soc after a year, which is great, and they'll also supposedly do 1000 cycles, so that's what, a bit more than a tenth of a cent per charge w/ little to no self discharge? Freakin' great. I got an order of 'em pending, so I'll post more when I get those.
Yeah, let me know how those go. I've picked up some Sony 2500 mah batteries which has been good, but it's hard to compare their usage since I don't have any others. Maybe I should toss them in my flash and see how many 100 flashes I can get with various batteries,
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 10:57 AM   #5
PaleMelanesian
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I use Eneloops in the camera, but for everything else, I use ones from all-battery.com.
PaleMelanesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 04:23 PM   #6
roflwaffle
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Yeah, let me know how those go. I've picked up some Sony 2500 mah batteries which has been good, but it's hard to compare their usage since I don't have any others. Maybe I should toss them in my flash and see how many 100 flashes I can get with various batteries,
So far so good. They all worked out of the pack and don't seem to have the huge self discharge rates of my old tenergys.

roflwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote