EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-18, 02:58 AM   #21
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Time for a pretty big status update. The investment I made to have a working high N Scrypt ASIC miner early was well worth it, even after considering "losing" half the hashrate. One of the high N Scrypt coins passed its halving point (that's when the reward for solving the block is cut in half), so a lot of miners jumped to other high N Scrypt coins including one that was making a huge profit on my ASIC. The difficulty was up nearly 8 times compared to last month, which was already high enough to obsolete "Hammingboost". In short, one month of mining back then is worth 8 months of mining now if difficulty doesn't increase further, which it probably will. The "intercept point" where having all the hashrate but a month late (estimate) vs. having half the hashrate early then pushes out further than I would care for, so I call it a big win. And that doesn't even consider that the time I would have spent figuring out how to make it work is definitely worth something, or the fact that the "lost" hashrate is not really lost.

I also used the solar panel along with the 4 Snapdragon 410s and part of the ASIC to make the world a better place. Yes, the positive impact of just one solar panel was felt around the world!
https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/s...36250454163458
One side effect is that my friend Allie Moore became really jealous of what I'm doing with alternative energy. The "green war" that was going on between her and I has officially concluded, but I'll broadcast to the world that I will still help her set up her own solar power system if she wants and also try to make her (somewhat) famous if she wants. And despite her knowledge of biology, she's seemingly mystified (and probably also jealous!) at how Naomi can eat so much and be so skinny, but that's a discussion for another time...

My cousin was also really happy to hear that I did something significant with my cryptocurrency mining. Also got a lot of likes from many of my friends.

"When I used the power of the sun to solve complex math problems, the world became a better place. When we use the power of the sun to solve even more problems, the world would become an even better place."