EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-20, 07:16 AM   #1
Arnel
Lurking Renovator

Default Press Release on launch of New Energy Pole by G Labs

G labs proudly announces the launch of New Energy Pole that can Power most small homes. This energy pole is the first step to making energy sources much more feasible & flexible to general public

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bradley - Energy Pole Press Release.docx (1).pdf (151.9 KB, 549 views)
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:24 AM   #2
CrankyDoug
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Perhaps I am missing something. You have solar panels facing in two directions, mounted to a single pole such that a 5mph wind will result in rotational oscillation from vortex shedding. I estimate collapse at 10mph.

Then you top it with a wind generator that needs 10mph to produce perhaps half its rated output, while concurrently shading the PV's.

And it can be grid-tied to sell electricity back to the power company when not powering a single desktop computer. With CE/UL/NFPA certification?

All for $3000, putting it at $1.50 per wishful watt, higher than a well designed DIY PV installation that won't self-destruct in a wind gust.

We don't mind seeing new products here, as long as you don't mind critique from a bunch of engineers who've seen this stuff before.
CrankyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrankyDoug For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (07-03-20), NiHaoMike (07-04-20), Piwoslaw (07-05-20), where2 (07-04-20)
Old 07-05-20, 01:42 PM   #3
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

I would also like to know how this is better (more cost and/or energy efficient) than independently placing the wind turbine in a windy spot, and the PVs, all facing the same direction, in a place that is sunny, but not necessarily windy?

I understand the appeal of all-in-one units, but from my experience, something that is good for everything is good for nothing.

Tags
home energy saving, renewable energy, solar energy, solar power