EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-09, 10:31 AM   #21
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

finally an update

might loose a lot this year. it's getting to hot, i started a few things to late, but honestly, these are all i REALLY care about

but broccoli is getting eaten

celery is looking ok

I lost one lettuce already, these might not survive

Watermelon is still growing

insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-09, 10:38 AM   #22
Daox
Administrator

Very nice. Your plants are way bigger than mine. We actually just had to replant three of our four cucumber plants since only one of them came up. I should really get some pics up.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-09, 05:21 PM   #23
Higgy
The Gardener

Yeah, nice. There's always some loss. My tomato plants and beans got the crap kicked out of them this weekend with all the rain and high winds we had. I'm hoping they come back and survive. But your garden is definitely looking good.

Do you know what's eating your broccoli?
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-09, 08:09 AM   #24
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

no idea what's going after the broccoli.

i've eaten a pepper yum yum. I got impatient, and it's summer, and salad time, so it wasn't full size, but it was delicious. that and they go great in eggs.

still might get something out of the celery, since it actually LOOKS like celery.

I'm trying to decide how to go about things next. I need to start a next batch of seeds soon i think for 'fall' plants.

I have a few spots in the yard where I could go bigger.
Old 07-22-09, 06:06 AM   #25
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Another update:

Watermelon

My lettuce... i dunno what it's doing, but it's done, i'm gonna try a leafy lettuce next, the iceburg didn't work

Broccoli!, dunno if it's edible, but it's there

and my peppers, already taken 12 off, ate 5, gave away 7.

and the celery is still hiding under the broccoli, it's growing, it's a cooler weather plant, so i don't mind it staying shady.
Old 07-23-09, 10:44 AM   #26
Higgy
The Gardener

Holy, looking awesome man. That watermelon looks cool. I've never seen it in it's growth stage before. Looks like the top of the lettuce is seeding? Although I could be wrong. Peppers look great too. And I am SO gonna try broccoli next year.

What's that plant to the right of the watermelon in the first picture? The one with the big leaves. It looks cool.
Old 07-23-09, 12:21 PM   #27
truckncycle
Helper EcoRenovator

I was wondering what the plant to the right of the watermelon is too. Is it a canna?
truckncycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 12:24 PM   #28
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
What's that plant to the right of the watermelon in the first picture? The one with the big leaves. It looks cool.
Canna Lily. Though I can't find a picture of the type I have on google.

this is A pic of em at my house

I think the watermelon is pretty cool too. specially since they're grape size right now. looks like i'll get about 5 of em, one plant has 4 vines, one has 1. it's odd. but very cool.

broccoli... i dunno, i'll get brave and eat it sometime.

and i seriously have too many peppers. i'll drop to two plants next year i think. (plus hopefully I can grow from my own seeds) i like having backups for just in case, but the potential for ~8 dozen is insane.
Old 07-24-09, 02:38 PM   #29
Higgy
The Gardener

LOL...ya I know what you mean by going overboard this year. Next year...the peas are going to be dropped down HUGELY...same with the lettuce. I went overboard with those 2. And I planted some things in...bad places I think this year. We'll see.

Your broccoli still looks small, I didn't think it was ready yet. Why so afraid to eat the broccoli?
Old 07-26-09, 07:32 AM   #30
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

not scared of broccoli, i like it just hear things about when it get hot out, the broccoli gets bitter, and well, it's getting hot.

Anyway, I cut some of the broccoli like 5 min ago, 1/2 lb worth, and still left a bit, and now two of my other broccoli plants are starting to grow some broccolis, so maybe it wasn't a huge bust.

and my watermelon is doing nicely. this is the biggest one, though there are a few others that look hopeful

also, i started round two of seeds yesterday. all the same as before, but significantly less seeds than last time, but i also picked up a pack of Romaine seeds, and found some pumpkin seeds from last season (so, they might be bad, but i'll try them anyway). i also grabbed some seed out of a green pepper to try to grow myself, but they might not be mature yet.

Tags
compost, garden