EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-19, 07:41 AM   #1
Stoneri
Lurking Renovator

Default Project Solar / Duracell / Solar Panels

Hi All,

I am looking to get Solar and Battery and had a quote from Project Solar at the weekend. I have seen that they don't have the best reviews on here but wanted to share what they have offered and see if I should run or go for it.

4KW system fully fitted with the Boiler Dr (stupid name!!) and new Duracell Battery. They quoted £13,300 with a 10.5 ROI projection.

It does seem a lot to me.

The bit that is selling it to me is the Social Energy bit with energy trading and battery charge trading. This is all very new and the only company offering it so would be tied to them.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this scheme?

Also, they stated that I could only have a 4kw system as that is the maximum for the feed in/export. Anything above that I would need local power supplier permissions.....is that true? I had another quote for a 4.88kw system with no mention of that.

Is the Duracell offering good or shall I just stick to Tesla?!

Thanks in advance

Stoneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 04:03 PM   #2
solarenergy
Lurking Renovator

Default Tutorial Videos

Here you can find some tutorial videos that might be useful for your project

foros . calculadoras . com . mx
solarenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 07:03 PM   #3
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneri View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to get Solar and Battery and had a quote from Project Solar at the weekend. I have seen that they don't have the best reviews on here but wanted to share what they have offered and see if I should run or go for it.

4KW system fully fitted with the Boiler Dr (stupid name!!) and new Duracell Battery. They quoted £13,300 with a 10.5 ROI projection.

It does seem a lot to me.

The bit that is selling it to me is the Social Energy bit with energy trading and battery charge trading. This is all very new and the only company offering it so would be tied to them.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this scheme?

Also, they stated that I could only have a 4kw system as that is the maximum for the feed in/export. Anything above that I would need local power supplier permissions.....is that true? I had another quote for a 4.88kw system with no mention of that.

Is the Duracell offering good or shall I just stick to Tesla?!

Thanks in advance
You are in Montreal and getting quotes in British Pounds? PV should be around $3.50/w installed plus the battery stuff which id dependent on your voltages and capacities.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 07:56 PM   #4
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
PV should be around $3.50/w installed
That's a pretty high estimate considering the panels themselves are commonly available for well under $1/W in bulk. (In fact, $1/W isn't even a special deal for a single panel nowadays.)
Old 01-04-20, 08:04 PM   #5
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiHaoMike View Post
That's a pretty high estimate considering the panels themselves are commonly available for well under $1/W in bulk. (In fact, $1/W isn't even a special deal for a single panel nowadays.)
It's pretty normal for an installation company that provides a turn key system (panels, inverter, racking, grid tie, permits, etc) and has to make a profit. Also remember that it is Canadian $$$ which is equal to about $0.03US, lol

Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote