EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-18, 03:40 PM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Hustler RAPTOR SD 60-in Zero-turn lawn mower added DIY LED lights.

I finally retired my old MTD mower and bought a Zero turn mower. I bought it from Lowes they give a 10% discount for veterans that really helped out. It was had a little lower price than normal also never a bad thing.
I wanted LED lights Hustler sells a kit for LED lights $150.

I went the DIY way. This setup uses the two existing bolts so no drilling necessary.
$29 shipped later and I have some nice LED lights I have used them a couple times and they work great.
I did not mount the switch yet because they have a 30 day return policy and you just never know. Once I get past that point I will mount the switch.

It puts out a lot of light. I was going to go for a bigger light bar but I am glad I went with this one.

LED Lights
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wiring
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180825_134108.jpg
Views:	7784
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	8355  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 08-27-18 at 04:11 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-18, 11:37 PM   #2
oil pan 4
Land owner

I added stick on LED strip inside the head light housing on my craftsman mower.
Much better than the two 1156 bulbs. I could barely see anything after dark. Now I can see the difference between tall grass, short grass and rocks.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 08:54 AM   #3
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My new mower has the Kawasaki 24 HP V-twin it is know for good power a sipping gas compared to other options.
I can mow in less than ½ the time using ½ the gas I was using with my MTD lawn mower.
The seat springs rub on the steel under the seat makes noise and takes off the paint. I added furniture sliders to the top of the springs.
Nice and quiet and no paint rubbing off. The seat bolts are known for coming loose I added blue Loctite to those bolts.

The first oil change is at 5 hours then next one is 100 hours. I am close to the first one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180828_093815.jpg
Views:	3486
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	8359  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-21-19 at 08:18 AM..
Old 08-28-18, 09:28 PM   #4
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The cover on the deck like to collect grass and will push off the belt if you don’t clean them out.
I added 4 thumb screws two on each side to make it easy to take the off and clean them out. After the 30 day return period I will cut some holes in them to make easy to blow out the grass.
I have over 6 hours on it so time for the first oil change. I will switch it to Mobil one oil.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180828_215914.jpg
Views:	3359
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	8360  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 08-29-18, 12:44 AM   #5
oil pan 4
Land owner

Use mobile 1 air cooled engine oil, it's SH or SJ rated.

oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote