EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-13, 09:07 AM   #31
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default On The Conveyor Belt To Oblivion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
..."I live on Gilligan's Island and can only mail order a fitting from the web...
Even Gilligan's Island has garage sales.

A huge part of being an EcoRenovator is making something useful and maybe even better out of those artifacts that are already on the conveyor belt to oblivion.

Buy new as a last resort.

Harruumph!!

-AC

Old 04-04-13, 09:50 AM   #32
dc€x
Lurking Renovator

[QUOTE=jeff5may;29175]dc€x,

The cheap version:
Mr Heater - LP Female Throway Adapter 1" X 1/4 MPT - F273754

The expensive version:
Camco 59213 Campfire Propane Adapter : Amazon.com : Automotive

or

Camco 59213 Campfire Propane Adapter camper Trailer RV | eBay

QUOTE]

Thanks,jeff5may ...

The next step is to frustrate mysef in the logistics ...

I made some homework as well ... and found

Amazon.com: Worthington 308638 WT2201 Basic Brass Propane Torch: Patio, Lawn & Garden
dc€x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-15, 12:12 PM   #33
Fringeless
Lurking Renovator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomTrainer View Post
I am a pro, and i can give you numbers to 8 supply houses that will not touch this stuff!

Nothing right now has a higher price than R22 execpt R12! R22 cost is $485 per drum.

I am not shooting to get the rock bottem price here! I want a refrigerant grade gas. As little as 5% mixture of a seperate gas can skew a compressor test this is why BBQ gas will not work for what i want to do! I have a refrigerant reclaimer I can run the BBQ gas through and remove all the moisture trash ect, but i will still have mixed gases!

If HC refrigerants are ever to be approved for high temp use, traceable studys will need to be done to get people on board.

I have orderd a drum of HC22-A from ES and picked up a test kit from united refrigeration. I will send in a sample to be tested and get a brakedown of what is in the gas, i am also going to send in a sample of BBQ gas for compairson. I will post both reports when I get them back!
I would like to find out whats in ES industrial and went to my local URI, they could not find the test kit and I could not find it online. Do you have a part # or link to a page that has the same or similar test kit?
Thanks
Steve
Fringeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 09:58 AM   #34
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290

I'm also rather interested in getting some HC samples tested.

Looking for a high purity propane, I called and asked around Portland, finding mainly blank stares and confused people. I did eventually get a hold of an Airgas special gas salesman. He said he could get a 20lb tank of 99.5 percent pure, for about $220. Seemed kind of pricey, but then again maybe comparable to some halogen refrigerants (I don't buy 'em). I told him I would consider it in the future.

Personally, I'd rather spend that money on trying to clean up HD-5 myself. It appears there are some proven methods for removing the mercaptan and water, which I want to experiment further, but I'd like to try my hand at further separation of the gases. A fractionating column. I woukd think the ethylene and methane, even in small amounts, might cause some problems, since these are not likely to condense anywhere in a normal system. The butane and isobutane are going to contribute to some glide, I guess, and may not be too troublesome, but I'd like to remove them nonetheless; even if just for the challenge. Propylene has such a close boiling point to propane, that it will be hard to fractionate. It's probably the least of my worries though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 06:03 AM   #35
Jerrycaterr
Lurking Renovator

Default r22 replacement refrigerant

You can get r22 replacement refrigerant now, the updated product.

refrigerantworld . com