EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 11-17-09, 11:36 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Interesting idea for clothes line drying

Its called the Lazy Line Dry. He puts his clothes on the hangers before hanging it on the line saving a step in between. This would make the clothes dry a bit slower in some cases (pants), but is a good idea for shirts IMO. There are also tips at the end for regular drying too. Nice write up.

Lazy Line Dry

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lazylinedry.jpg
Views:	6416
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	539  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:49 PM   #2
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I found that you end up with odd little dents from the hangers on the shirts, but otherwise it seems like it would work well, my room mate drys some stuff like that already, only she then takes it off the hanger and folds it up, it just takes up less drying space when you want to dry stuff inside.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 11:39 PM   #3
Bicycle Bob
Suncatcher

I've been doing that for years. Once, I had a wringer washer, and I'd put my shirts on hangars, and just interleave them with dry shirts in a closet that got a lot of sun. It worked great, except that wringers wreck buttons.
Bicycle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 07:22 PM   #4
Christ
Apprentice EcoRenovator

My Father just got a wringer... not sure why, but he got it... I"m pretty sure he wants it for his "grubbies"... clothes that get greasy and such.
Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 08:30 AM   #5
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

To keep a wringer from braking buttons you have to stretch out the front of the shirt and lead the buttons thru flat.
The wringer is a good way to get cloths dry without alot of energy.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 08:33 AM   #6
Christ
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
To keep a wringer from braking buttons you have to stretch out the front of the shirt and lead the buttons thru flat.
The wringer is a good way to get cloths dry without alot of energy.
I agree. In my experience with a wringer washer, more times than not, I could put a shirt on just after wringing it out, during the warmer months, at least, and still be comfortable in it. It would dry on my body within minutes of being outside, it seemed.

Aside from that, spin-cycle washers suck at wringing out clothes. A wringer gets more water out, so even if you're like me, and you prefer tumble dried clothing, you can run the dryer with less heat, for less time, or on air dry instead, saving energy.

I'm looking at my Father's dryer later today, I may try to set it up so that the intake and exhaust exchange some heat with each other, to increase efficiency.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote