EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-18, 09:45 AM   #1
Roostre
EcoLearner

Default Anyone ever build DIY window panels for a sunroom/porch?

Like the title says, I am looking into what it would take to build the window panels for a small sun porch.

Our home faces south and has a large overhung porch with 3 pillars and a cement floor. I'd like to have some large window panels that fold out for collecting solar heat on colder days and open up for the warm summer days. Because this is on the front of our home it must look nice and professionally done.

The idea is to take advantage of the solar gain in the winter with the possibility of adding a home brewed Air Source Heat Pump within this space in the future.

I've looked at a few options via search engines. Glass, polycarbonate sheets, etc. I've not really found any great sources of information on actual techniques that would take R-value, expansion and contraction, Uv protection, and other issues into account.

Has anyone here taken on a similar project or have any ideas/thoughts on making this a successful project?

TIA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please don't use photobucket... there are a ton of good posts on here that make no sense because the picture is locked by photobucket's paywall.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote