EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Tools
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-14, 11:28 PM   #11
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

The flir one uses a lepton imager, which boasts a resolution of 80 x 60 pixels. It detects wavelengths of 8 to 14 uM. The seek has their proprietary imager, which is a 206 x 156 array. It sees wavelengths of 7.3 to 13 uM.

Other specs:

Angle of View
Seek 36deg (assuming diagonal)
FLIR 63.5

Temperature range
Seek -40C to 330C
FLIR -273C to >127C (0K to >400K) (inflated claim, no doubt)

Temperature Resolution
Seek no data
FLIR .1C/.18F

Flir has been in business for quite some time building thermal imagers, so even though their detector has less pixel resolution, their software image processing is more advanced than the newer Seek device. As a result (noted in side by side comparisons), the flir unit resolves finer temperature gradients. Flir also has various widgets built in to display the on-screen data in different color schemes, making it easier to match the display with the environment being viewed.

Considering that until these two devices hit the market, a working thermal imager cost $1000 or more to own. These two devices are sure to knock the bottom out of the market, bringing entry-level devices into the reach of the masses.

jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-14, 07:09 AM   #12
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
The flir one uses a lepton imager, which boasts a resolution of 80 x 60 pixels. It detects wavelengths of 8 to 14 uM. The seek has their proprietary imager, which is a 206 x 156 array. It sees wavelengths of 7.3 to 13 uM.

Other specs:

Angle of View
Seek 36deg (assuming diagonal)
FLIR 63.5

Temperature range
Seek -40C to 330C
FLIR -273C to >127C (0K to >400K) (inflated claim, no doubt)

Temperature Resolution
Seek no data
FLIR .1C/.18F

Flir has been in business for quite some time building thermal imagers, so even though their detector has less pixel resolution, their software image processing is more advanced than the newer Seek device. As a result (noted in side by side comparisons), the flir unit resolves finer temperature gradients. Flir also has various widgets built in to display the on-screen data in different color schemes, making it easier to match the display with the environment being viewed.

Considering that until these two devices hit the market, a working thermal imager cost $1000 or more to own. These two devices are sure to knock the bottom out of the market, bringing entry-level devices into the reach of the masses.
As I mentioned above, I had a FLIR i7 (until it was stolen) and it was a great unit. I have no idea why SEEK makes you search for the specs which I couldn't find at all. I do know that you need the iphone 5 for it so it is somewhat limiting in devices. Luckily, the new BB clasic takes android apps so maybe I can use it. I will have to see.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 11:46 AM   #13
th9203
Lurking Renovator

Default The Seek specs are located here.

Seek Thermal Camera Android

th9203 is offline   Reply With Quote