EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Forum News & Feedback
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-12, 01:44 PM   #1
christofoo
Lurking Renovator

Default How about an ecorenovator "meter" (like an ecomodder "garage)

For example, we could upload our latest monthly utility bills, similar to the tank data in the ecomodder garage.

On ecomodder you can quickly see how awesome another forum member is by checking their stats next to their posts. It's also easy to judge your own MPG in comparison to the EPA rating for your car.

For residential, maybe the comparison terms aren't so straight forward, but we could choose something like kWhr/day/household or kWhr/year/capita. Similarly for NG, and whatever other energy you have in your area. (Also the comparison should be as local as possible. No sense in comparing LA to Phoenix.)

For example, I found a summary sheet showing the average Utah residential electrical consumption is about 28kWhr/day/household, which I compare favorably to at about 10-15kWhr/day/household.
[will add link when my post count is higher]

(And I'm sure the site admins have nothing better to do than add complex features. )

Last edited by christofoo; 09-21-12 at 01:47 PM..
christofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-12, 02:02 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

We do actually have one, but it needs a ton of work yet, and I haven't worked on it in quite a while. I'm hoping to get back to it when things get cool and white outside.

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/forum-...our-input.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 09-21-12 at 02:09 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-12, 05:23 PM   #3
christofoo
Lurking Renovator

Nice. Way ahead of me (sort of ).

I know it's complicated due to the variety of fuels and houses, it just seems like we need something under our avatars to compare awesomeness.
christofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-12, 05:43 PM   #4
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

In the meantime some of us have our own energy use threads and we update them as the bills come in. (just updated mine today) Many of us have our own spreadsheets on the go as well.

strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote