EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-10, 11:03 AM   #1
wilfor03
Lurking Renovator

Default Solar Powered Backup

I have been working for several months now (when the money allows) on getting my "solar system" together. I've got 140w of panels on an old c-band satellite mount (no tracker yet) with manual actuator control. I ran that into a Sunforce 30amp charge controller down to 3- 1400 CCA Workaholic Interstate batteries (12v). Run it all out to a 2500w inverter. Well, last night here in Alabama we had a hell of storm pop up and knocked our power out. I went out and shutoff the mains breaker, went to the workshop and turned on all my "solar" stuff and started turning on things in the house we needed to have run. One way to do a test run, eh? I had on 1 CFL 20w lamp, the fish aquarium, the refrigerator, the freezer, the 42" Visio, Direct-tv, and charged the lantern. Had all this on for over 2 1/2 hours till the power came back on. I think not to bad for a test run. Still have along way to go yet, but can really see the light (LOL) at the end now!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker-Xa-a.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Batterys-1.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	748  
wilfor03 is offline   Reply With Quote