EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-18, 09:49 AM   #11
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

That's very impressive!
We drove the last 7k miles on our new Bolt (May 2017) for free. Once you see the powerful combination of PV and EV it's hard not to think about building up to it like we did.

For those of you who think this is a great way to go I want to say you can do it incrementally. I started with the PV end but there's no reason you can't get a PHEV (plugin electric vehicle) or EV and work toward a PV system.
Even, after more than a decade, I'm looking to increase and diversify my systems.
Once you drive an electric you instantly realize how much better EVs are. There's tremendous convenience of plugging in at home and having a 'full tank' the next morning. Driving is better too, having instant torque, no warm before driving in the winter and no oil changes, spark plugs, tranny shifting, catalytic converter, etc.
Last year Americans wasted 3.9 billion gallons of gas in traffic jams. There's no waste with an EV. Think about all that pollution too.

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robaroni For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (01-16-18), pinballlooking (01-11-18)