EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-14, 11:38 AM   #11
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We are 1.25 MWh or $125 ahead for this year and increasing. Normally this would all be zeroed out June 1 with no payment for any of this power. We typically don’t need much heat or AC April and May and this is some of best solar producing months.

I have been working for months with the man in charge of “Regulatory Affairs” at Duke Power to change this date to March 1. This will allow people to build solar arrays and not over size them. Then they could maybe be able to Zero out their power bill. Net zero is want I am looking for as well (we still get a meter charge). I had also contacted to number one solar power installer in SC to help get this change.

I just received an email from Duke Power Manager - Regulatory Affairs and it has paid off.
They have put in for a zero out date change to change it to March 1 starting 2015 and if passed they will not zero us out this June 1. He expects it to be passed May 28.

I just spoke to the Office of Regulatory Staff in SC and they are going to endorse this change (or not oppose it) same thing in government talk. This makes a very good chance this will be approved on 28 may. (As Duke Energy stated)

I am so excited I was able to help in getting this change for us and all solar users in SC that use Duke Power. This is a big win for us.

Last edited by pinballlooking; 05-20-14 at 02:59 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote