EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-15, 05:17 PM   #21
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGo View Post
I've wondered more than a few times why drain water heat recovery units are not built with a pump for installation in one story homes. Seems like activation could be either manual or by water weight.

By the way, I'm willing to wager that the least expensive, best savings/dollar on water heat is to first change out the shower head to a low flow, 1.2 or 1.8 gallon/minute type.

Here are a few reviewed;
And the type I am going to buy.
There was a time that I was so disgusted with shower heads that I contemplated machining my own. Worse, last week one of the holes in my commercial head got partially clogged and when I was rinsing the soap off my face with my eyes closed the errant jet kept hitting me off the side of my head. I thought it was a fly in the shower and started swatting at the darn thing!
Sorry for taking this off thread, the poor guy just wanted to know about water heaters and we've talked about everything in the universe but that!
i
Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-15, 05:17 PM   #22
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGo View Post
I've wondered more than a few times why drain water heat recovery units are not built with a pump for installation in one story homes. Seems like activation could be either manual or by water weight.

By the way, I'm willing to wager that the least expensive, best savings/dollar on water heat is to first change out the shower head to a low flow, 1.2 or 1.8 gallon/minute type.

Here are a few reviewed;
And the type I am going to buy.
There was a time that I was so disgusted with shower heads that I contemplated machining my own. Worse, last week one of the holes in my commercial head got partially clogged and when I was rinsing the soap off my face with my eyes closed the errant jet kept hitting me off the side of my head. I thought it was a fly in the shower and started swatting at the darn thing!

Sorry for taking this off thread, the poor guy just wanted to know about water heaters and we've talked about everything in the universe but that!

Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat pump water heater