EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-11, 01:43 PM   #11
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

sure enough I pulled the vent off of the kick board and when they redid the kitchen they tiled the floor discovered the vent would be 1/4 under the new cabinet so they covered that bit of the vent opening with tile and just let the air out under the cabinet. They then added a front vent to let it out. So I have zero control over that Air.

I can easily enough block it from the top but that isn't a great solution. I might be able to fit a 4" take off through the opening then I can at least duct the air to the front that way.

I also discovered that there used to be another vent going into the room. It's still hooked up downstairs but appears to just run up into the floor under the stove upstairs. I know there is no vent there so they must have just tiled over the opening. I'll have to disconnect it from below and patch that up to prevent the bit of pressure loss running into that line and dead ending.

My next house will either be a complete gut job of an old one or built by me or at least to my standards. This is stupid.

Last edited by strider3700; 11-27-11 at 01:55 PM..
strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote