EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Product Reviews
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-12, 05:54 PM   #1
S-F
You Ain't Me

Default Good price on a foam gun

The Handi Tool HT300

Someone where I worked discovered a generic foam gun that can be had for about $20. It appears to be an EXACT copy of the Pageris, which is a very nice gun, except it's blue, not green, and doesn't have the Pageris sticker on it. Everyone in my company bought one. I figured I'd wait a while to see how they work out before recomending them. I can say that after several months of having them in use they are working great! They are outlasting the GreatStuff guns in a dramatic way and they cost $30 less. The GreatStuff guns fail all the time. They are cheap and they seem to break any place you could or couldn't imagine. Glad I never bought one. Every GreatStuff gun where I work, both personal and company owned, has failed and been replaced. The gun it made by "Handi Tool" and is called the HT300. You can readily find them online and get them to your house for around $20. GreatStuff cans are really a waste. The foam is unimpressive and they are expensive. A can of PUR Fill costs about $13. I haven't bought GreatStuff in years so I don't know what they cost but it's probably around 1/2 the cost of PUR Fill or Touch 'N Seal. The PUR Fill is my favorite. I like the foam the most and you certainly get more out of a can of it that Touch 'N Seal. If you're sloppy and glue the can to your gun though it's easier to get a Touch 'N Seal can off because you can get some pliers on it. Either will probably have about 4X more foam than a GreatStuff can. Maybe more. Maybe a lot more. You can also just use a little bit of the can and then let it sit on the shelf for months. GreatStuff cans get glued shut so you have to use the whole thing, waste some of the can or spend hours trying to clean out the straw. I've done the latter twice in my life. Never again.

It's a Pageris (about $100) with no name tag and goes for $20. Amazing. I hope this will help some ecorenovators free themselves from the shackles GreatStuff.

Fomo Products Inc. F61050 HT - 300 7" Polymer Dispensing Unit - amazon.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31oGafnLzIL._SY355_.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	4014  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."

Last edited by Daox; 02-12-14 at 12:45 PM..
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S-F For This Useful Post:
creeky (12-19-12), Daox (10-13-12), Geo NR Gee (10-13-12), Mikesolar (10-14-12)