EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-19, 11:18 AM   #81
Daox
Administrator

I got the base parts printed up. The cup is much larger and is going to take nearly 2 days to print (though my print speed is low to make it look pretty).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191221_105809411.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	8776  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 07:48 PM   #82
Daox
Administrator

The cup finished printing today. I just have to do the lid now and we're almost done. The inside will be sprayed with rubber bed liner so it doesn't wear out.

&
Old 12-22-19, 08:27 PM   #83
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

That turned out good.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-19, 12:15 PM   #84
Daox
Administrator

Thanks. I'm still working on it, but its just about done now.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20191222_193519758.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	8791  

&
Old 03-20-20, 11:37 AM   #85
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
This is where I bought mine from. Ridiculously reasonable price.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/creali...ml?prm=1.5.1.1
My brother has been looking for a cheaper 3D printer how do you like your printer?
Would you buy it again?

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 03-21-20, 02:17 PM   #86
Daox
Administrator

I would definitely buy it again. I have done a bunch of upgrades to mine to get it to print better. However, there is now a very popular Creality Ender 3 out that seems to fix most of the issues mine had. It is a little smaller though.

&
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (03-21-20)
Old 10-03-20, 11:14 PM   #87
PreyGirl

We have an early M2 of the laboratory I operate, PI bought a new one at home, and after returning Makerbot (5th gen replicator, continued to eat non-serviceable extruder) another group on campus bought one and check out our M2.

They are fantastic printers, the help of Makergear has been amazing, and when they need work they are incredibly easy to service (because of pollutants in the brain, etc.). They don't have much in the way of bleeding-edge technical characteristics, but are an incredibly fine, remarkably rigid implementation of tried-and - true designs (the steel roll cage, linear rail X and Y, and cold end solid metal planetary gearbox are kind of in a class of their own as far as printers go, these items are constructed like machine tools while most printers are constructed like office equipment). I assume their hot end is getting a little behind the curve (even after the nichrome to cartridge revision), but there's nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-05-20, 11:05 AM   #88
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I am still using my M2 it has paid for its self a few times over.
It is a good solid 3D printer.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-20, 01:39 PM   #89
Daox
Administrator

I've been making and selling a few things. One fun one that is a bit more recent is a cooling modification for the old playstation 2 gaming console. Since transitioning from a normal 9-5 engineering job to running my own business, I've found some time to get back into gaming. I dug out some of the old consoles and PS2 was always a favorite of mine. However, I immediately noticed how noisy it was. So, I jumped on google and found a guy who hot glued a Noctua (high quality and quiet) fan into his console. It was ugly, but worked very well. So, I decided to 3d print a new back panel that cleanly houses the new fan. I also was able to make up a little jumper cable to go from the 3 pin to 2 pin fan plug on the PS2 board with the help of you guys here! Big thanks. So, here it is. Doesn't look too fancy, but it works really nice. You can't even tell the console is on except when the disc spins up.

In the odd event that one of you are into retro gaming and interested, below are links where you can buy them:

eBay
Amazon

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fanmod3.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	9123   Click image for larger version

Name:	fanmod2.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	9124  

&
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (12-07-20)
Old 12-07-20, 01:44 PM   #90
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It looks great. Nice job.
It is Nitch things like this that do the best.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -