EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-09, 04:05 PM   #1
Higgy
The Gardener

Default Lawn care

Hey all. It's just about that time of the year to pull out the 'ol rake and get rid of all that thatch and then mow the sucker down. The snow's melting fast here and I don't think it will be long until the green grass starts shooting up. So I was wondering what people do for lawn care.

What do you do for taking care of your grass? At what point do you rake the thatch out? Do you fertilize and if so, what kind, and do you try and use an ecofriendly fertilizer like Scotts Ecosense? Do you overseed and if so do you use the type of seed that doesn't need to be watered that much?

I'll start off. I try and rake when the ground has dried up somewhat, or use the dethatching blade on my mower. This year I'm going to put down a bit of soil where it needs it, then I'm going to seed the parts i put soil on and overseed the parts I didn't. I usually fertilize with scotts ecosense and sometimes use some of Scotts other products. We'll see how it goes this year.

Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote