Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-13, 06:26 PM   #1
Courtney
Lurking Renovator

Default Hi from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

Hi,

Just registered here. I live in Michigan. I've been trying to pick a color for my new roof (for only 3 days, but contractor is telling me to hurry), and today I found EcoRenovator when I searched on a specific shingle I was considering. Someone had posted about exact shingles I was considering, and that was it, my decision was made. Seems my "values" were only half-formed, and then when I saw what was said about those shingles I realized what was most important to me, and I feel so proud of my decision! I went with the only Energy-Star-rated shingle in the line-up I had to choose from, in the basic CertainTeed Landmark line-up. "Silver Birch". I notified the contractor's office, and they said "Oh, no, you can't get that. NO ONE has EVER gotten that color." (They have been encouraging me to get popular dark brown or red or tan.) I told them I've decided I want the Silver Birch. (i hope there is no more argument, but haven't actually heard back from owner yet, but a few calls to suppliers revealed the shingle is well-stocked here and readily available) I feel so proud of myself! Hee hee! I joined here b/c I realize that eco-renovation is absolutely the way I want to take, going forward!

Courtney

Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote