EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-15, 03:34 PM   #11
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern2 View Post
Robaroni,

I updated my last post...

Plasma cutter.

Finishing up on mini split 2 ton Inverter. Running 1" conduit from sub, wife leaving friday, Will be helping Daughter move to west coast, 3000 mile trip. When she comes back, will finish mini split. Plans for plasma table growing bigger before I turn it on.

New Page 1
Sounds like you're a busy bee! Wish it was a little warmer here, i'd use the mini splits.
Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 03:55 PM   #12
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Robaroni,

Your still kicking. I went to 11.7 kw. The Tesla batteries may not help me either. My daily load is 20 to 40 kwh's.

The 2014 Volts been great. Getting 2016 Volt with 50 mile range, on black Friday. I need it for income tax deduction. Son will pay trade-in value for 2014 Volt.

2015 income Tax = Pay $0.00
Chevy dealer = Pay $7,500 +.

Works for me!

My power company has added a $50 charge on people that installed solar. I'm grandfathered for a few years. Basically, no solar companies are installing new systems in a large portion of Arizona sence Feb. 28, 2015, because of it. Lawsuits are flying (Solar City Elon's Company has a lawsuit.), don't know how it will come out.
Vern

Good to see you around!
Another happy Volt owner. That is sweet you are getting 2016 Volt.
Lots of nice improvements there.
Tesla is selling these batteries to the power companies to help even out the solar production.
So you never know they may be useful to more of us.
Mark
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 05:18 PM   #13
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Vern,
I have my eye on the 2016 Volt too.
Rob
Old 05-07-15, 05:22 PM   #14
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaroni View Post
Vern,
I have my eye on the 2016 Volt too.
Rob
Have to taken a Volt for a test drive yet?
Old 05-07-15, 05:41 PM   #15
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Hi Mark,
Too busy getting gardens in but hopefully in the next week or so, I definitely want to try the 2015 to get a comparison.

Rob
Old 12-11-15, 08:38 AM   #16
Vern2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Smile

Robaroni,

Months do go by fast.

Found there are no 2016 Volts in state of Arizona. One dealer told me he will not be getting any 2016 Volts from GM. So Saturday have a test drive appointment at Noon at Tesla dealer. Cheapest Tesla is the Model S 70D.

Found all I have to do is run two DC wires from battery room to 10k inverter to hookup Tesla 3K batteries. Looking at 5 ea. - 3kwh storage batteries in Battery room (Machine Shop, got wall space), around $15k.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vern2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 08:59 AM   #17
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Robaroni,

Months do go by fast.

Found there are no 2016 Volts in state of Arizona. One dealer told me he will not be getting any 2016 Volts from GM. So Saturday have a test drive appointment at Noon at Tesla dealer. Cheapest Tesla is the Model S 70D. https://www.teslamotors.com/

Found all I have to do is run two DC wires from battery room to 10k inverter to hookup Tesla 3K batteries. Looking at 5 ea. - 3kwh storage batteries in Battery room (Machine Shop, got wall space), around $15k.

Hay, got a Drone, DJI Phantom 3 Professional.
Below is not my 4k video.
https://youtu.be/e-aso34xqe8
Hi Vern,
I think one of the reasons fossil fuel is so cheap is the low cost of PV today. It's really getting down there.
I was thinking of the Tesla batteries now that my L/A batts are not holding their full charge but I think I'll wait for prices to drop. Does Tesla have his new battery plant up yet?

Isn't Tesla supposed to come out with a ~35k cost car sometime soon? If you want to crack up go to Youtube and check the guys taking the P85D Tesla to the track. It does the 1/4 mile in 11.2 seconds and 0 to 60 in 3.2 from Motor Trend tests. Beats everything even the 750hp Dodge Hell Cat! It's out of my league at 127k cost though, besides I'd get the two wheel drive, goes further on a charge.

I'm wondering about the new Volt, they were supposed to be in full swing by late summer, I wonder if they tried to add too much innovation and changes to the old Volt?

The link you gave doesn't work. Looked it up, definitely cool! We're all still kids at heart!
Best,
Rob
Old 12-11-15, 09:43 AM   #18
Vern2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Robaroni,

The Model S 70D is $70k, $5k for two engines 432 hp, Auto pilot is $3.k. It's $10k less then the 85D. And your wrong the duel engine models get better millage. Plus the Model S 85 only goes 35 miles further then the 70D.
Tesla costs.

Found problem with links.

Got a Drone, switch to 4k video with You Tube options.
DJI Phantom 3 Professional : Not my Video.
Drone has 1.2 mile range, air born for 23 min.

Couple 4k 'still' pictures here:
My compost Hobby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-15, 10:09 AM   #19
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Vern good her hear from you.
The Volt was only a limited release for 2016 just CARB states. The 2017 will be released to everywhere.
It will be released a little while after the New Year.

Hey I just got a version of the drone for my birthday.
I got the dji phantom 3 advanced it will do 2.7 k video.
Close to the same features. I have not got to fly it as much as I have wanted. It is fun to fly.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 12-11-15, 10:42 AM   #20
Vern2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Smile

pinballlooking,

A man after my own heart. I got the Phantom Pro with case and extra battery. I've got one working arm, so my son (32) has been flying it for me, of course he's into computer science things and loves it.

I just heard the 2017 Volt, may TRY? a Feb 2016 delivery date, fat chance.

The Tesla can't make a Dec 2015 delivery date, so it may not be a winner. I need the $7.5k tax deduction this year. I'm 70.5 so IRA taxes are due, my tax deductions are zero.