EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-14, 10:27 AM   #1
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default U.S.A and the ban on water collecting florida bans off grid living

Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over their water. (see link)

http://www.naturalnews.com/029286_ra...ion_water.html

Florida makes off grid living illegal !

So what exactly is off grid living?

“It means living independently, mainly living independently of the utility companies. Providing your own power. It does not mean living in the stone age, it’s not about bush craft. It’s about generating your own power, your own water, dealing with your own waste. Probably as part of a community, not living on your own like a hermit. It’s also about being more self-reliant and being less dependent on the system. Perhaps realizing that the system isn’t really protecting us anymore and we have to look after ourselves.” - quote: George Noory

Florida Makes Off-Grid Living Illegal

I smell a rat or is it just big business wrenching the freedom out of your country..either way it disgusts me.

ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 02:49 PM   #2
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over their water.
...and the article ends:

Quote:
Unless we stand up against this tyranny, it will creep upon us, day after day, until we find ourselves totally enslaved by a world of corporate-government collusion where everything of value is owned by powerful corporations -- all enforced at gunpoint by local law enforcement.
I think that real problem we need to be aware of is not identified in this piece, until the very end. I doubt that many people will go that far to get to the actual heart if the issue, and will rather see Big Government as the take-away.

Corporate power is the real problem, and Big Government is the paper target that our attention is to be diverted to.

Corporate power is a problem because there is no provision available that gives 'The People' any right to redress grievance.

Further, corporate control is working behind the scenes through government to reduce our freedoms.

Both political parties in the US (why are there only two?) are indebted to corporate power. Because there is no significant control on election financing, corporations vastly outshout the will of the people.

Voting Democrat does not fix the problem.

Voting Republican does not fix the problem.

Voting Tea Party does not fix the problem.

Reducing the size of Big Government does not fix the problem either.

This issue of water rights is presented in this piece as a national issue, but it is a global issue.

The rights of people to collect free water for their own survival is being threatened all over the world. It is not Big Government that is doing it. It is Big Corporations that are doing it.

We actually have a constitution that give us rights. Very few people have read it, and it is not generally taught in schools and colleges, unless you want to specialize in constitutional issues.

We live in a very ironic democracy where 'activist' is considered a negative term, and thus we are enslaved.

It is only when we become informed and active that our government will work for us, rather than the corporations.

If we don't manage corporations, corporations will manage us.

-AC
jeff5may (04-07-14), jeff88 (04-06-14), stevehull (04-06-14)
Old 04-06-14, 04:13 PM   #3
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

This next Billionaire is taking full advantage of the countries water supply - what a debacle !

Pickens Water-to-Riches Dream Unravels as 11 Texas Cities Scoop Up Rights
By David Mildenberg Jul 13, 2011 9:01 PM PT
0 Comments Email Print
Save

Amarillo, Lubbock and nine other West Texas cities coping with the worst drought in more than 50 years solved some of their water problems by waiting outT. Boone Pickens, the billionaire Dallas oilman.

The Canadian River Municipal Water Authority, supplying the 11 cities with a combined population of about 500,000, will issue bonds to buy Pickens’s water rights on 211,000 acres, General Manager Kent Satterwhite said. Most of the rights are in Roberts County, which has more groundwater than any Texas county, according to Amarillo Utilities Director Emmett Autrey.

Pickens, 83, started buying water rights northeast of Lubbock and Amarillo more than 10 years ago. By 2002, the investor was predicting that he could start selling water in three years to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Satterwhite said. Pickens sought to build a $3 billion pipeline to the fourth- largest U.S. metropolitan area by population, 350 miles (560 kilometers) away, yet couldn’t make a deal.

“I wasn’t getting any serious negotiations with Dallas- Fort Worth,” Pickens said July 12 in an interview in New York. “I thought, if we’re going to sell it and they want it locally, we’ll sell it to them.”

The Canadian River authority, based northeast of Amarillo in Sanford, will sell bonds in the next 60 days to pay for its $103 million water purchase.

Pickens Water-to-Riches Dream Unravels as 11 Texas Cities Scoop Up Rights - Bloomberg
Old 04-06-14, 05:22 PM   #4
Servicetech
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Voting Libertarian is your best chance.
Servicetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 06:29 PM   #5
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech View Post
Voting Libertarian is your best chance.
That won't help, I'm afraid but the corporations want you to believe it will.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 06:30 PM   #6
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
This next Billionaire is taking full advantage of the countries water supply - what a debacle !

Pickens Water-to-Riches Dream Unravels as 11 Texas Cities Scoop Up Rights
By David Mildenberg Jul 13, 2011 9:01 PM PT
0 Comments Email Print
Save

Amarillo, Lubbock and nine other West Texas cities coping with the worst drought in more than 50 years solved some of their water problems by waiting outT. Boone Pickens, the billionaire Dallas oilman.

The Canadian River Municipal Water Authority, supplying the 11 cities with a combined population of about 500,000, will issue bonds to buy Pickens’s water rights on 211,000 acres, General Manager Kent Satterwhite said. Most of the rights are in Roberts County, which has more groundwater than any Texas county, according to Amarillo Utilities Director Emmett Autrey.

Pickens, 83, started buying water rights northeast of Lubbock and Amarillo more than 10 years ago. By 2002, the investor was predicting that he could start selling water in three years to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Satterwhite said. Pickens sought to build a $3 billion pipeline to the fourth- largest U.S. metropolitan area by population, 350 miles (560 kilometers) away, yet couldn’t make a deal.

“I wasn’t getting any serious negotiations with Dallas- Fort Worth,” Pickens said July 12 in an interview in New York. “I thought, if we’re going to sell it and they want it locally, we’ll sell it to them.”

The Canadian River authority, based northeast of Amarillo in Sanford, will sell bonds in the next 60 days to pay for its $103 million water purchase.

Pickens Water-to-Riches Dream Unravels as 11 Texas Cities Scoop Up Rights - Bloomberg
Why would any river be called a Canadian river in Texas? It's a new one to me.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 08:14 PM   #7
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I found that river's name concerning as well, I assumed it had something to do with Canada ,I checked up on it to give you a answer.

Canadian River Basin

The Canadian Basin is the northernmost river basin in Texas. Due to low precipitation and high evaporation rates that predominate in the region, the basin has a low average watershed yield. The basin's name-sake river may have received its name from early explorers who thought that it flowed into Canada. From headwaters in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains of New Mexico, the Canadian River flows across the north-ern Panhandle of Texas to its confluence with the Arkansas River in Oklahoma.

Smaller streams in the basin include Punta De Agua, Palo Duro, and Wolf creeks. The Canadian River Compact between New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas places limits on conservation pool storage in reservoirs in the Texas and New Mexico portions of the basin. Limited surface water supplies, often further depleted by drought, are an issue in the basin. In addition, ground-water supplies, which have historically provided the majority of water used in the basin, are experiencing long-term decline, especially in the Ogallala Aquifer.
http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/surfacew...dian/index.asp

“‘Canadian,’ as applied to the main fork of the Arkansas, has no more to do with the Dominion of Canada in history or politics than it has in geography, and many have wondered how this river came to be called Canadian. The word is from the Spanish Rio Cañada, or Rio Cañadiano, through such a form as Rio Cañadian, whence directly, ‘Canadian’ r., meaning ‘Cañon’ r., and referring to the way in which the stream is boxed up or shut in by precipitous walls near its headwaters.”
Chronicles of Oklahoma

All and all I guess its a old name that makes little sense today..

Last edited by ecomodded; 04-06-14 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: add link
Old 04-07-14, 12:27 AM   #8
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

A little video that explains it clearly

Old 04-07-14, 08:53 AM   #9
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Wow, you really didn't do your research!

The house that has drawn attention is doing so because they are collecting rain water and dumping it down the city sewer without paying a sewer bill.

That is it!

The city said that they did not have an issue with the rain water collection, gardening, solar panels or anything else, altho it didn't sound like they had gotten any permits, so that was a grey area.

What they did have an issue with tho was taking rain water and dumping it down the sewer, when you pay your water bill there is also a sewer charge that is based off of water use, in my area the cost of sewage treatment is more then the cost of water, that is why if you have a huge garden you can ask the city to put in a 2nd water meter that will only be used for watering the garden as non of that water is going down the drain.

Doing your research is your best option!
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (04-07-14)
Old 04-07-14, 10:38 AM   #10
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I assume you are speaking of the commune ? that was raided ? by the swat team ?

That 160 acre landowner who spent 30 days in jail was not using the sewage , just the opposite he was containing it the water on his property.