EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-14, 06:51 PM   #1
RobbMeeX
Eco OWNER!!

Default My Intermatic WH40 install... (electric hot water heater timer)

So I installed the heater timer shortly after installing it. I had the luck of having the PO install a pullout power switch after the breaker.

So I ripped it off the stud. Matched the width PERFECTLY! the height was a little off, so I took out my trusty leatherman and made the necessary adjustment to the wall. I reused the screws that held the original box to hold the new box.

Having the original box, I had the code worthy romex connectors into the box to reuse. Everything tightened in perfectly. I trimmed and stripped the leads and made all the connections.

Now its installed! I found my caulking gun and gave it a once around (as well as adding a little to a loose outlet box that has since been sealed!)

Success!
So I do understand that $55 has a high ROI, but after spending all Saturday piecing together a homebrew solution, I decided on this one because its readily available, meets code (I assume), and it has a pretty screenprinted box that would make the next homeowner think "Hey, that looks nice".