EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-08, 08:28 PM   #1
SVOboy
Administrator

Default How is the current economic climate affecting your ecorenovation plans?

Just wondering. Being a student, this doesn't affect me in the most immediate of ways, but if I were a homeowner I'd probably be buckling up my wallet right now.

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 08:44 PM   #2
dcb
Lurking Renovator

Improving your homes efficiency can be a safe investment
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 05:56 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

I'd agree with dcb. My current improvements are really things that are not absolutely needed and aren't super expensve, but they'll really cut down on costs especially with winter comming up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 06:26 AM   #4
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

the economy thing hasn't really affected us at all. where my wife an i live, it's mostly government jobs and there's always gonna be money to pay government employees and government contracts.

though yes, gas and food prices went up, but we haven't really changed out spending habbits. If i need a tube of caulk or whatever, i go get it. granted... i'm not running out an getting a solar roof anyway time soon. and money that i have in stocks that could be used for a project like that is, well, low... so, maybe it is affecting long term goals some.

also, we set a monthly budget for energy costs (well, we have a monthly budget for EVERYTHING). but energy is $300-$350 depending on the time of the year. if we're under budget, i usually take the extra money and put it towards things that will hopefully lower my bills even more.
insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-08, 03:48 PM   #5
Tony Raine
Helper EcoRenovator

I live in Arkansas, the rest of the U.S. is just starting to become as poor as we are
Tony Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-08, 12:40 PM   #6
toyobug
avid DIY'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Raine View Post
I live in Arkansas, the rest of the U.S. is just starting to become as poor as we are
LMAO!!!
I'm having to work here in Iraq, because there aren't any descent paying jobs back home in Mississippi. Missing out on family life is how it's affecting me and my family. It's only temporary... we'll come out of this economic crisis just fine. Hopefully more americans will see the light and start conserving more, and start demanding EV's!!!!!!!
and better tax incentives to use alternative energy in their homes.
toyobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 01:50 PM   #7
Blister
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Just wondering. Being a student, this doesn't affect me in the most immediate of ways, but if I were a homeowner I'd probably be buckling up my wallet right now.
It's hurting us and almost stopped us from our projects that we've already begun. Unless I have extra work to supplement my income, we basically survive off of less than 10k annually. The extra work I can do is effected by the economy (backhoe owner/operator) and work has slowed to a trickle. We're not giving up though, we still have hope.

Blister is offline   Reply With Quote