EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Renovations & New Construction
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-17, 11:07 PM   #1
Phantom
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Purchased house they took everything (HVAC)

So long story short I just signed the papers for a manufactured home (double wide) on a piece of property attached to mt tree farm. The house was foreclosed on and the last owner told me some one stole the AC. Turns out it was not just the outside unit but the full HVAC (not including the ducts and vents).

Now I need to start deciding on what options to go with for heating and cooling, we are located in northern KY close to Cincinnati OH. The house 56x36ft has a full walk out basement and is wired for only electric appliances. Insulation is R40 roof R22 floor and R11 in the walls.

Need to purchase:
Full HVAC
Hot water heater
Washer/Dryer
Stove
Fridge
Dishwasher

My main reason for this post is to document the progress on the house and to get opinions on heating and cooling options. We want to keep the cost lower since we will be building on on farm in the next few years and will rent the house to family or use an office/business location for the farm.

We like the thought of hydronic heat but do not know if it would be worth it having to pull down the insulation under the floor or float a cement floor over the existing floor (we are removing all the carpet regardless). The other issue is having to still have the air handler set up for AC to cool.

I would like to add a propane pig and run the stove, Dryer, hot water, and heat from it.

Thanks for any input I look forward to posting/visiting here more again now that I'm interested in updating and creating my home again and not just living in what I have till I move to the farm. I will post some Pics of the house when I get the chance and they are pics you can tell what you're looking at.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appliances, farm, hvac, hydronic, remodel