EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-17, 03:23 PM   #151
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I ordered my new tires for my Volt
Continental Truecontact Tire 215/55R17 Tire 94T
These tires have good reviews.
I hope I like them.

My Michelin defenders lasted 52K they were noisy and reduced range. I really did not like them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-09-17 at 05:01 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 04:39 PM   #152
Roostre
EcoLearner

Default Did you see this?

Obviously inspired by Oilpan's trailer thread on Ecomodder;

Voltruk

Please don't use photobucket... there are a ton of good posts on here that make no sense because the picture is locked by photobucket's paywall.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 01:43 PM   #153
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

Well, I bit the bullet on a brand new Volt at $29k Saturday. The used one was sold before I could trek up to the dealer (about 2 hours away), but at $29k I got a pretty decent price. First impressions are good. I didn't use a single drop of gas this morning on a 35 mile trip in to work, and I'm hoping I can get enough of a charge during the day to make it back just the same. It probably won't happen to day; our truck heater outlets apparently aren't grounded so it took me until after lunch to find an outlet near a door that was wired correctly. Now I'll have to try to talk corporate into an L2 charger for the couple of people here with PHEV's.
bmxeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 02:20 PM   #154
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Congrats! On the new car. Post a picture of it.
You might be the first one on here that has a Gen 2 Volt.

I look forward to hearing how you like it and the EV miles you get.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 03-13-17, 03:34 PM   #155
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

All black, including interior. Comfort package which includes the heated seats and steering wheel. Now I just need to take a gander at this charger to determine if it's one of the clipper creek models that can do L2 charging as well. I know the 2016 chargers were, but I'm going to need to crack it open before I start making stupid dangerous adapters and whatnot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170313_161531.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	503.9 KB
ID:	7657  
Old 03-13-17, 03:40 PM   #156
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

So far, I love it. I was a little apprehensive after test driving a 2014 last week, as I've not driven an EV before then, but just a few quick jaunts around and I'm already pretty used it and mostly have the regen thing down. The thing certainly throws a ton of information at you which makes it very easy to tell how efficient you're being. I can't help but get the feeling that I'm getting ready to take part in some sort of covert op as I'm sneaking around not making a sound. It's almost surreal.
Old 03-13-17, 03:42 PM   #157
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Nice looking car. I have heated seats but only front does yours have back heated seats?
That comfort package is worth it. Is it a LT or premier
I like the backup camera also.

I drive in L all the time to get more regen.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 03-13-17, 08:09 PM   #158
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

I don't believe the rear seats are heated. I was driving around today in low through the city and it definitely makes life a little easier. On a plus note I was able to take a peek at the innards of the charger that came with it, and it's the same clipper Creek unit from last year. So I make a quick death adapter to supply it 240vac, and it's happily humming along charging at L2 rates.
Old 03-13-17, 08:47 PM   #159
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Good deal it is a clipper Creek. Post a image of you mod for someone else on here might want to do it. L2 charging is so much better.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 03-14-17, 09:56 AM   #160
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

It's not a mod to the actual charger per se. It's literally just an adapter from a 6-50 plug to a 5-15/20 plug. I've linked to an Etsy page where a guy (not me) makes them and sells them mostly just to not steal his picture or credit.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/3843905...level-2-charge

Credit goes to Chris TX on GM-Volt.com for all the initial legwork in early 2016. I believe the Etsy page is his as well.