EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-16, 02:00 PM   #1
oil pan 4
Land owner

Default Hot water recirculating pump setup

The only thing better than saving water is when you save water and energy.
I just installed a tankless water heater and the wall between the kitchen and bathroom is mostly torn out.
I would like to plumb in a return line for a hot water recirculating pump. I know you can plumb the return of a recirculating pump into a cold water line at a sink but the sinks at my house are the closest hot water heat using items distance wise from the water heater. The shower is the furthest away and that's kind of the whole point.
I also want to put the hot water recirculating pump on the bath room light switch circuit, so when the light is on the pump runs but I would like the pump to turn off after a minute or 2. The timer on the recirculating pump is a 24hr timer. So as far as I can tell it's useless for what I want to use it for.
I was looking at using a watts recirculating pump like they sell at lowes and home depo.
I was looking at using an adjustable time delay relay that is on when power is applied then turns off after a set time. Is there a timer out there for this or should I just find a 120v industrial process control timer and repurpose it?

oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, recirculating pump, shower, water heater, water saver