EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-16, 02:12 PM   #11
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

You didn't say you had no grid access. That's a different story. I'm not your enemy! I run off grid with intertie options because I can and that's still the best way to do it IF you have grid access. That's the point I'm making.

Again, my first statement was "it depends on where you live". In your case you have very low usage, do you live alone? That makes a difference too.
Insulation is fine but then if the house is too tight you need an air to air exchanger, also not everyone has the option of adding massive insulation. I think you're a relatively unique case. How many people don't have access to the grid?

Being in shape has nothing to do with living off the grid! Come on. What does it mean to be in good shape? Someone can run a marathon and think they are healthy That's called physically fit, Jim Fix ran marathons and dropped dead of a heart attack!
Being healthy is another story and, again, it has nothing to do with living off the grid!

I think we have to evaluate the op's situation and then see which is the best path to follow. Not everyone can, or should, live off the grid, it's not better or worse, it depends on variables. If you have six kids and live in the burbs' then living off the grid is probably not for you.
Rob

Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote