EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 07-20-15, 01:10 PM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default I built a 60-in-1 Multi Arcade this weekend.

I built a 60-in-1 Multi Arcade this weekend.

I usually don’t post stuff like this but I reused so much stuff that would have gone to the dump for this project a thought someone might like it.

I had bought this cab working off Clist and I sold the board set to someone restoring theirs. The wiring was in very good shape but it is not a JAMMA cab. The 60 in one board needs a JAMMA wiring harness. I had a spare JAMMA wiring harness that someone was going to toss out and they gave it to me.
So I remover old the wires from JAMMA harness and installed all wires from this cab into it.
I installed an old PC power supply form a PC my parents were getting rid of.
It took a while to get the monitor adjusted just right. I need to buy a mirror to do this job!
This will let us play a lot of the classics like the ones we like.
Burger Time
Galaga
Galaxian Pac-Man
Pac-Man (Fast Mode)
Pac-Man Plus
Pac-Man Plus (Fast mode)
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3
the board is similar to this one.
60-in-1 iCade Classic Multigame Vertical JAMMA PCB

I had an old speaker that I used in it you done need much for these sounds.
I don’t have very much money in this cab but it does bring back memories and is fun for us and the boys.

The cab only has three buttons. Player one and player2 fire and a joystick.

But that is all you need there are two trackball games but you can just hide those.
If two buttons are needed it just remaps one of the three buttons so you can still play it.

Here is the pinout for a JAMMA board.
http://www.jammaboards.com/jcenter_jamma_pinout.html

Wire PC power supply to power on without a PC
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-without-a-PC/

If you buy a JAMMA cab you done have to do any wiring at all just plug the board software configure the board and enjoy it. Here is a list of game you could buy off Clist and convert very easily to 60-1 cab.
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/s...=jammalist.txt

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150720_134128.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	5632  

Last edited by pinballlooking; 07-20-15 at 01:45 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-15, 08:39 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Looks like a fun project. Thanks for sharing.

Do you do a lot of video games in addition to the pinball machines?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-15, 10:16 AM   #3
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

No I don’t do much with Video games at all. I built a MAME
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAME

It emulates thousands of video games. It was a two player cab with a track ball. I found out that we only really cared about some of the classics.
This Multi Arcade cab is so much simpler to build and plays so much closer to the real ones. It only has a couple buttons so no need to explain how to play each game. The Multi Arcade just works everybody instantly gets it.

I did get a great deal on a pair of full size linked racers. They needed some work and I was able to fix them. I had them when the boys were younger. When the quit playing them I sold them and made some money off them. They take up so much room.

I did buy a shuffle bowler and restored it. It is at the lake we really like it. Up to 6 players can play it. I had to do a lot of work to this. The lane was in good shape I repainted it new pins different displays different main board. Some new switches.... The boards in it are pinball machine boards and pinball displays.

We have a Addams family pinball the shuffle bowler a full size air hockey and not this Multi Arcade will go out there. Just some fun stuff to do in the when the sun goes down or you get rain.

The Addams family pinball fell off a truck when they were moving it. The whole top cabinet was destroyed. The bottom broke completely apart ramps broke. It brought it back for being parted out.
I could sell it for 5 times want I paid for it but it is not for sale we like it.

I have fixed and sold many more pinball machines. Most of them had issues and did not work right all but maybe 4 of them.
I bought over 20 machine and sold sixteen of these. My most prized pinball machine I sold and paid for all my solar except a couple hundred after solar tax saving. Almost ½ of it was from profit that was an unusual case but it sure helped with the solar install. Most were fix then we enjoy playing them for a while and I would sell for a small profit.

I am to busy with work now to fix and sell them but we still enjoy them ones we have now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MAME.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	5637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Racers.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	5638   Click image for larger version

Name:	SZ.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	5639  

Last edited by pinballlooking; 07-21-15 at 08:42 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote