EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-17, 04:22 PM   #171
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
OK, Here you go...

Best,

-AC
AC_Hacker How is your Leaf doing? How many miles have you put on it?
You have had it for a while how do you like it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 04:33 PM   #172
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Me ?

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 04:36 PM   #173
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

You don't have your anymore do you.
This was AC_Hacker car.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 05-17-17, 05:00 PM   #174
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

No , Wife got rear ended last fall , setting at a traffic lite . :-(

We liked the Leaf .

Still thinking about a used Volt , if I could find one for the right price , in good condition .

Mean while she is still driving the 2015 Chevy Sonic . I drove it this last weekend , with A/C it was showing a little over 25 MPG ( on the guess-o-meter ) , running city errands . Have not had it on the road in at least 6 months .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 05:15 AM   #175
DEnd
Apprentice EcoRenovator

pinball what's your tax going to be now? SC's EV road use tax is lower than NC's (at least I'm assuming they passed the gas tax overhaul/increase in SC, because it was sorely needed) and the last I looked NC's still saved money over the typical car. Is the Volt treated like a hybrid or an EV for that?
DEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 12:22 PM   #176
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

They have not passed the tax yet. EV will be $120 every two years and hybrid is $60 every two years. (if it passes)

I don’t think this is well thought out. They want you to buy an EV and they give you $2,000 to do it.
They then charge you more each year. What about a diesel car that gets the same gas mileage as a hybrid do they tax them also?

I do not know what they consider my Volt I buy gas and pay gas tax. They don’t exempt my boats or jet skis I pay for gas tax for those and they never go on the road.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
DEnd (05-24-17)
Old 05-24-17, 01:54 AM   #177
DEnd
Apprentice EcoRenovator

While I mostly agree with you on the diesel point (though diesel cars pay more tax to begin with, but that's federal), I completely agree with the tax on EVs. As the plan sits the EVs will only pay about half the tax as what gas cars do (on average, due to no federal tax), and in a couple of years it will be almost 1/3. And in reality, almost no one is going to be swayed into (or out of) an EV due to consumption tax concerns, assuming taxes are reasonable.
DEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 09:02 AM   #178
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We are now at 71,219 solar powered EV miles total miles are 93,711.
So now have 22,492 dino miles. We do not drive as much in the summer.

This sure is a lot of miles traveled with solar power without gasoline.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_14_2017.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	7797  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 08-01-17, 09:02 AM   #179
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I post about my volt. I usually talk about the savings I get with charging with solar power.

But this car drives so well it is a pleasure to drive. I have my Volt in the shop to look at the radio it is pausing for a couple seconds then comes back on. But this is very random.
They gave me a Chevy Malibu as a loner. I we all drove it and all agree the Volt drives so much better and can’t wait to get our car back.

Even with 95K you can’t tell at all it has that many miles on it is just enjoyable to drive.
We all agree on this and can't wait to get our car back.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-01-17)
Old 08-01-17, 11:45 AM   #180
Daox
Administrator

I'm more seriously looking at replacing my 2000 Honda Insight with a 2013+ Nissan Leaf. The Volt is a contender, but I like the hatch and the longer EV range. I do not need a vehicle that can go much farther nearly all of the time. When I do, I have a 2004 Prius that would get better mileage than the Volt. So, I setup a cragislist alert and favories to search cars.com and autotrader.com. Will start feeling out the market until I find a deal to nab.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote