EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-16, 07:42 AM   #31
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by STM View Post
My squirt gun is a Lincoln 125, 120v running flux core now, mainly want the gas for thinner stuff, I'll still have flux core and stick for heavier iron. Done a tiny bit of O/A welding but the MIG is much faster and foolproof. Not too worried about tank size, can leave it in the shop and run a hose out for outdoor work. Dirt floor in the shop I'm in now so won't be rolling even a 40cf around too much and 80cf is more economical to fill. That's my reasoning on the 80 anyway.

So straight argon will give better looking welds on thinner stuff? I'll check the price on it. Shouldn't be much different.
Check out this comparison:

Tests for various gas mixtures on MIG Welding

Dude is obviously not a master welder, but this is a good example of the differences between CO2/Ar blends on thinner metal. It's actually a good thing that the author doesn't have a lot of time under the hood, as an experienced operator knows how to adjust both the machine and his welding procedure to compensate for differences.

jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
STM (07-15-16)
Old 07-15-16, 12:57 AM   #32
STM
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Check out this comparison:

Tests for various gas mixtures on MIG Welding

Dude is obviously not a master welder, but this is a good example of the differences between CO2/Ar blends on thinner metal. It's actually a good thing that the author doesn't have a lot of time under the hood, as an experienced operator knows how to adjust both the machine and his welding procedure to compensate for differences.
That's making C25 look better. Lol, that's what I'm used to using with a MIG anyway so it's probably what I'll get.

STM is offline   Reply With Quote