EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-10, 11:41 PM   #1
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Allie Moore iHybrid 40: the next generation TI Hybrid Digital

Some of you may remember Amanda Harris, my first TI Hybrid Digital audio amplifier. ( http://ecorenovator.org/forum/applia...ome-audio.html )

Now I have a new TI Hybrid Digital with an even higher efficiency.

At normal listening levels, power usage is only 25mA at 12v, or just 300mW! The newer TI Hybrid Digital chipset uses NexFET MOSFETs, lowering switching losses. The lower MOSFET resistance reduces reactive pumping losses in a half bridge design, allowing the use of a simpler topology with its associated simplification in drive circuitry. To make up for the loss in resolution from having only 2 states instead of 3, the switching frequency is increased from 250kHz to 300kHz.

In addition, the iHybrid has DC power input for alternative energy compatibility, a line in that can be used at the same time as the iPod, and remote control with support for basic iPod control.

I named it after my best friend, who is an environmentalist.

Old 04-29-10, 10:51 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

I'm not sure what that all means, but I think its awesome that you do! Any idea what a normal setup pulls for power?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-10, 04:15 PM   #3
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Analog uses about 90w and the older pure digitals use about 45w. I read somewhere here that a newer pure digital with HDMI uses 80w because of the video processor inside.
Old 08-01-10, 11:21 PM   #4
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Much of the inner workings is embedded into the chips, which are pretty much "black boxes". Look up the datasheets to get an overview of what that chip does.

And don't worry, you're not the first one to think that drawing looks like hieroglyphics.