EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-20, 07:45 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Help identifying electrical connector

Hey guys, I am looking to identify this electrical connector, but for the life of me I can't find what it is. I want to replace it. I searched through digikey a bit, but there are a few connectors in their catalog haha. Suffice to say, I didn't find it. Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connector.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	8821  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 10:29 PM   #2
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

I suggest asking EEVblog. It looks like a JST SH but it's important to examine the connector carefully since I have seen variants with subtle differences specifically to prevent cross connections.
Daox (01-26-20), jeff5may (02-08-20)
Old 01-26-20, 09:35 PM   #3
where2
DIY Geek

For others who may someday need this knowledge:

Using NiHaoMike's suggestion as a starting point, I was able to determine that JST connectors come in a variety of pin spacings: 1.0mm, 1.25mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, etc. Knowing the pin spacing helps in determining the specific connector.

If Daox has an SH connector as Mike suggests, the measurements of the plug should be 2.5mm (wide, on the plane of the female pins), the rear portion of the connector is likely 3mm high, and the length of the connector is likely 5mm (along the direction of male pin insertion, from the tip of the connector to the back where the wires exit).

I got those measurements from an image posted by an amazon seller called Hobbymart who was selling lots of 20 of those connectors with wire tails. They also had other listings for a variety of JST connectors using 1mm pin spacing with images and dimensions for the connectors.

I appreciate NiHaoMike's reply, as I was recently searching for information about a connector used on an inexpensive RC Drone battery. These JST connectors are all over modern modular electronic devices and radio controlled devices.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (02-08-20)
Old 02-03-20, 12:39 PM   #4
Daox
Administrator

I just wanted to follow up with a big thanks to Mike! I ordered the JST SH connector and it fits perfectly. Thanks so much!

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote